• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hygain CD-45II Rotor

For me I guess it depends what you want to put on top of it and if you want new?
I have an old CDR-2 with a 32' 16 element 2 meter beam on it and has been there for years. Made in the 50's and still standing the test of time.
Took it down before the snow hit and going back up when the season here in Canada changes.
I guess what I'm getting at is,, what are you really looking for and for what?
The Hygain CD-45II seems to be a nice rotor.
I hope you will come back and say you are getting a really good price?
Regardless, these things are easy to work on and even my old CDR, parts can still be found.
Happy hunting!! tracker.

Sorry friend, should've been more specific. Im looking at a brand new one. retails around 400$. Its going to be turning a 4 element 11 meter beam. Had a AR-40 up till lighting got it :( and didnt have any trouble for 3 or 4 years out of the AR-40 till that happened.
Anyways, only reviews ive found for the cd 45 via google is along the lines of what you stated about the old ones. Thanks for the help!

The CD-45 is a great medium duty rotor with internal limit switches to eliminate the extreme torque when running into the end stops. It's larger then the minimum requirements for your 4 element beam and this is exactly why it's a great choice. I had one on a Shooting Star for many years but made the mistake of installing it on a Laser 400 where it only lived for one week.

It was easy to rebuild myself with parts available. This also makes it attractive to buy a used one or even a broken one if the price is right. Most common problem in the rotor is a bad ring gear. Most common problem in the control box is a dried out capacitor used for motor phasing.

The CD-45 is a great medium duty rotor with internal limit switches to eliminate the extreme torque when running into the end stops. It's larger then the minimum requirements for your 4 element beam and this is exactly why it's a great choice. I had one on a Shooting Star for many years but made the mistake of installing it on a Laser 400 where it only lived for one week.

It was easy to rebuild myself with parts available. This also makes it attractive to buy a used one or even a broken one if the price is right. Most common problem in the rotor is a bad ring gear. Most common problem in the control box is a dried out capacitor used for motor phasing.

Thanks alot Shockwave, that helps! And yes I was always scared with the AR-40 and 4 element beam because of the specs. It was pushing that rotor pretty hard, and I figured while I was at it I might as well upgrade to a heavier duty rotor like that 45, again thanks!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.