• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

i cant find an elmer, this sucks!

My Elmer is the club curmudgeon. Old and cranky. However, he has decades of experience in station engineering and operating (Three towers, 10 Yagis, four 1.5kw amps he built himself, and is a great CW op). I knew this was the guy I wanted to learn from.

At a meeting I asked him about an antenna I was putting up. I thought he was going to bite my head off. He growled a little but gave me a long lecture on the importance of resonant antennas. He told me I should never need a tuner to use an antenna fed with coax and spent a great deal of time explaining why. The next weekend his was helping me put up an antenna.

I've learned a lot from him and continue to do so. Now he is learning from me (Auto tune amplifiers, Reverse Beacon Network for antenna testing, usefulness of a panadapter, how to use N1MM ect.)

Keep trying to find a local Elmer. He will save you a lot of money and frustration.

Good luck with the test. Enjoy your new HF privileges

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated