• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I could really use some help please

Rescue

Dec 15, 2017
TX
Hey everyone,
I'm looking for a genuine mud duck smashing CB tech. I'm looking for just stupid monster audio. I want to key up and shut everyone down with clarity. I have a Connex 4600 Turbo and a Texas star sweet 16 with a predator 30 k antenna. Now I just need someone to set it up the right way. Looking for reputable trustworthy technician. I'm looking for big blow your doors off sound when I key up and to be able to talk clear as a bell close. I had the perfect set up at one point but it was stolen so I know it can be done. I just need the right tech to tune it peak it mod it out and match everything. There are no big radios in my area and my local shop really doesn't mod radios out. Thank you guys and I'm glad to be here

Reactions: BammBamm

Welcome to the forum,

Sort of hard to make a recommendation as you never posted your location.

do not mod your radio will lose its life and maybe you will have to replace burnt parts in the future.

It appears he does not want a properly tuned and aligned radio that sounds clean and crisp. He wants the golden screwdriver clip and tune mod that does 150% modulation and bleeds 20 channels in each direction. Glad he is down in Texas.

It appears he does not want a properly tuned and aligned radio that sounds clean and crisp. He wants the golden screwdriver clip and tune mod that does 150% modulation and bleeds 20 channels in each direction. Glad he is down in Texas.

My last exact same set up was perfect had huge modulation and and never splattered and I've found someone on this forum who understands what I want and can help. You on the other hand are rude sir

Hey thanks man I will have to open a Facebook to check him out but I will
Something tells me you will not be happy, he isn't gonna do your traditional "peak n' tune"..

I'm looking for just stupid monster audio
You will get a clean radio from 163 HardDrive, I don't think he does "swing" or "loud" though, he is pretty good at getting those type of techs looked down upon. *truckerized* :/ To each his own.

Can't please everyone, but something tells me he has too much pride and ego to release a "splatter box" onto the unsuspecting public, lmao. I use that term loosely, if you talk 28 and I hear you on 27/29 I can live with that, but if your on 6 and I hear you on 19, somethings way wrong!

Anyway we could create a whole thread/debate on the topic of "tunes" as relating to AM, some techs only do factory tunes, some do mild modifications, and some do "hacks"; with the latter tending to be on the nastier end of the spectrum.

Some people who want "loud and proud" may not like 100% modulation, some want the setup to "swang the thang" and are not happy until it works "the right way"; you know that "gotta turn the volume down" type of loud.

I hope i'm wrong but I don't see Fine Tune with any modded asymmetrical or over-modulated radios.
"Clean and clear" is what he sells AFAIK, that and the idea that a "more pure signal gets out better"...
but yeah ask him, and ask around maybe someone can help.

If you lived on the east coast I would recommend Bells CB, for what you want.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
I'm looking for a genuine mud duck smashing CB tech. I'm looking for just stupid monster audio. I want to key up and shut everyone down with clarity. I have a Connex 4600 Turbo and a Texas star sweet 16 with a predator 30 k antenna. Now I just need someone to set it up the right way. Looking for reputable trustworthy technician. I'm looking for big blow your doors off sound when I key up and to be able to talk clear as a bell close. I had the perfect set up at one point but it was stolen so I know it can be done. I just need the right tech to tune it peak it mod it out and match everything. There are no big radios in my area and my local shop really doesn't mod radios out. Thank you guys and I'm glad to be here
Give Hard Drive a shout on Facebook. He pretty awesome when it comes to good clean audio and he is okay with Texas Star too. Considering he is pretty tough on amp builders. He rarely trashes Texas Star. I have a 2970n4 that he did for me and I get some pretty awesome feedback from other drivers. Mark does good work.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
From what I can tell Loosecannon is a pretty knowledgeable and respected guy around here I've read a ton of his threads

About 10 years ago I had a guy named Mike out of AZ it was Radio??? Radio Active anyway I had one of his radios and a gold box the radio sounded good but it never did sound good at all with the Dave Made. Only gold box Ive ever owned

As far as I know RA radio is shut down. Repeating what I've heard about his radios would be gossip but I will say that I wouldn't buy a SWP radio unless it was extremely cheap and I wanted to change it back to stock.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?