• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I finally ordered the new tower today.

$$$$

I often wondered what it is that I am doing wrong when it comes to tower work. While I was risking life and limb doing this in sweltering heat:

20120822153105.jpg
scaled.php

And this:

20120822154214.jpg

My ground crew was busy doing this:

20120822155207.jpg

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

BTW just to show what I am upgrading from, here is a picture of the base section of my old 40 foot tower in front of the base section of my new 64 foot tower.The old one is 22 inches on a face at the bottom and only 9 inches at the top while the new one is 42 inches at the bottom and 18 inches at the top.

2012072020191855.jpg

How much did the new tower cost? I home built my 31ft. Tower with a 24" face,wire welded rigid electrical conduit . Three 10ft. Sections

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 225
How much did the new tower cost? I home built my 31ft. Tower with a 24" face,wire welded rigid electrical conduit . Three 10ft. Sections

The tower is a 64 foot Trylon Titan T-500 series. Trylon makes HUGE towers for the commercial industry and smaller towers for amateur/wireless providers as well. Mine is considered a very small tower by Trylon standards. It will support 52 sq.ft. in a 70 mph. wind. Tower cost is about $3800 plus shipping plus six yards of concrete for the base. I built the work platform myself. All the antennas were new as well except the 6m yagi which was home brew from a defunct Wilson Shooting Star. Rotator was upgraded from a Ham II to a Yaesu G-2800DXA. Final cost was more than I want to admit too for everything.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.