• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Got My New MFJ-259b

If you get one, before you pick it up take two aspirin 30 minutes beforehand in order to offset the headache the thing can induce.

I have found that the analog SWR meter reads a little to generous in comparison to the display readout. if i have a 1.5.1 on the meter the display will read 1.2.1.

I have seen my SWR meters telling me the antenna system is matched lower and more broadly than the 259b does. Sometimes I like the SWR meter better, so I stay on speaking terms with it. ;)

Last edited:
HomerBB,

Have fun with your new analyzer. You have it in Advanced Mode as shown by the brackets around the Reactance value. Your modified antenna is showing excellent readings by having the Impedance (R) close to if not on 50 ohms, and the Reactance (X) vale at or near zero. It's a near perfect antenna that is resonant on the higher side. Most commercial manufactures have a hard time getting as flat a response as you have.

Maybe I have an advantage. They have to sell theirs, so making it pretty and look/be hardy may result in compromises. Just guessing. Mine just has to work. With sash cord and duct tape I can keep it up in the air.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.