• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

i got this friend...

Sorry guys. Been on the road for a while. Thanks for the comment Loosecanon as that is about what I had told him. I'm not going to don't crazy stuff to his radio and make it sound bad. He left me alone about it now. Not sure what he wants went his employer is limiting him. I mean, a 66 works just fine when properly tuned so I dont see an issue.

Now I'm working on another radio. Just posted a question so if someone could help me on it...

This thread got a little over my head when you start talking injecting audio. I know what your talking about but in a truck I dont think this is going to help. He barely know what an RF gain is for. Ha.
No doubt about it brother, the Uniden PC66 &/or Galaxy DX66V both make for killer radios, just get the tech to "open up the audio-frequency response" and if he doesn't know what that means tell 'im to google "Goldfinger RX and TX HiFi Mods" to get a better idea. (y)

[QUOTE="nomadradio, Or, maybe a Chinabay DC-DC boost converter to take 12 Volts to 24?

Mobile mauldulator?

73[/QUOTE]

That's possible too, it would be more complicated but no reason it could not be made to work,

The guy in the video says 13.8v input to the AM regulator,
it looks like he turned the tank circuit into an atu to get maximum output from whatever voltage he has.

Reactions: LeapFrog
I got on paltalk for a short while, like 1 or 2 days but I then uninstalled it.

Well I have to pause for the cause, bob85 and thank you for doing that, that fateful evening.
If you hadn't of done that I probably wouldn't be here typing this post.
I had my first experience injecting audio into a galaxy 66, my jaw dropped at thinking about the possibilities of feeding a signal from my computer!

The transformer really is the bottle neck in AM only rigs, I found-that-out by injecting a signal to the input pin of the TA7222 in my 29 LTD, the signal was not good enough; not nearly wide-enough for the type of fidelity I was looking for.

I tried the Rev Bow Bastard Modulation Engineering transformer replacement (shout-out), and admittedly one half drunken night I fubar'ed the install and walked away from it for a while, lost interest.

Several months went by, then one day I got an email, and a schematic for a "cobra29audiomod"!

Now with about $25 worth of discrete components, PCB included, my plastic radio can "BUMP IT DOWN" too, & l didn't have to pay several hundreds of dollars for MMM/Asymod to get asymmetrical wide-band audio out of a 29 LTD! :)

I might join paltalk again and try to shout out to GoldFinger and give him a "thank you", because his cap change suggestions are great for opening up the bandwidth, I really like the results.

I emailed John once or twice but, i'm not a whale so... yeah I get crafty and "build it, not buy it."
I'm sure he is a very helpful and great person, I just ain't paying his price. People can call me cheap I don't mind that, and nobody calls my audio "cheap" when they hear it, so I think I'm doing alright, headed in the right direction.

Now I just need to get to work on my antenna system, lol.
Do you still have the "Cobra29 audio mod" document? I can't get the link to work, Thanks!

"going to boost the average modulation% but not make the radio go over %100"

......that sounds just like what a compressor does > chops off peaks and raises average level.

Adding this will likely will increase your noise floor. Make it adjustable if possible. Then use like salt.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.