• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I had to laugh when I saw this "Dominator Modulator" for sale

No, but this will get you where you need to be :

79068.jpg

Yup. Anywhere and everywhere both geographically wise and RF spectrum wise.

Yup. Anywhere and everywhere both geographically wise and RF spectrum wise.
Not all geographical areas use the same band plan, for this reason when running really big power you have to cover a lot of RF spectrum just to be sure they'll be able to hear you on whatever frequencies they use wherever they may be. Don't want anyone to feel left out now do we.;)

[photo="medium"]4313[/photo] .
Probable schematic for the elusive "Dominatrix Mauldulator, I mean the "Dominator Modulator".
Let's all do our part and protect his profits please do not share this schematic/info anywhere lmfao it's above top-secret.

D1 could be a 1N4148, 1N914, or even a 1N4001.
R1 is anywhere from 50 ohms to 560 ohms (& above), 100 ohms being popular
C1 is C189 the install location for any old school export, oops I mean it's a 0.047uF cap.

Hopefully this is what it is & it Installs @ C189, but maybe the real "Dominator Modulator" is just D1 + R1(as 5.6k) and installs @ R238 if that's the case I'd roll on the floor laughing.

Nevermind, apparently this epoxy covered mod that turns many radios into turds is not for the ept3600 series, but instead it's for the newer exports.
I am sure it's a reiteration of the "heavy swing mod" or the "NPC" similar to the two i posted above, only reworked for the newer boards. Indeed it's super top-secret and no-one could ever figure it out, you have to be able to tweak to the value between radios not all are the same..

-LeapFrog

Last edited:
Reactions: Tallman
you would be surprised at the people that fall for that crap. super dog modulators the firecracker looking piece of shit.

Reactions: LeapFrog
There was a small black --plastic resin 'mod' we would see years ago. Called it the "rabbit turd". Looked like one with a couple of wires coming out.

My favorite "secret sauce" mod was on we saw a few times. Had five wires. Two of them went to the two holes in the pc board where you would remove a resistor. One went to 12-Volt power, one to ground, and one went to the audio pin on the mike socket.

Cracked it open, found the only two wires that were connected had a resistor on them. Those were the two wires that went into the holes left by the resistor you had pulled from the radio. The other three were just glued in place, nothing connected to them.

Super-secret sauce in that one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.