• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I have a odd question/favor.....

radioman24

Jul 19, 2009
Does anyone on this board know how to speak spanish? reason i ask is because i found a you tube video of a guy in mexico with a neat radio with some very cool noise toy's and i would like to know what those toys are and where i can get them? if you can helpme out please pm me with your e-mail address so i can send you the link.

Thanks,Dan

okay here is the link...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZYpQ8AwR-A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZYpQ8AwR-A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

10-4

he does not mention the model or type in the video, so I posted the question in youtube, perhaps he will reply.

the device appears to be a chip of some sort that allows recording and playback of sounds.

the radio it is installed on is a "Huracan" spanish for hurricane and the amp is a TS500 variable

OMG, as if a roger beep isn't enough, he has one that plays dit dit dit dah?
(morse code for a V)
I hope to God that skip from his country doesn't roll in here any time soon!

yes, here in the southwest we get a boatload of south of the border skip.

i dont speak much spanish so i cant really talk to them, but they are quite funny to listen to. musical beeps are huge there. they all run clipped limiters and big dirty amps, and they sound like it.

my favorite is the taxi lady on channel 19. i hear her almost every time there is mexican skip here. she is the dispatcher for some cab company in mexico and probably spends most days listening to american cb'ers telling her to shut up. LOL

LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio