• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I have done it again!!!!

3-5825A (B) , overpriced, over valued in my opinion.
Compare them with the Midland, Gemtronics, JCPenny and you'll find the GE to be twice the price if not more (evilbay).
They're the same radio so go finger ...

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
3-5825A (B) , overpriced, over valued in my opinion.
Compare them with the Midland, Gemtronics, JCPenny and you'll find the GE to be twice the price if not more (evilbay).
They're the same radio so go finger ...

Dang. Hate to hear that.
Guess the GE Superbase suffers from the same malady?

Well, shoot.
I like its look. Maybe I'll search out a tech capable of gutting a Superbase, sticking a 980SSB inside and hooking everything up so the knobs on the front work it.
Shouldn't be a step for a stepper.

Somebody was selling a hacked up DAK X with a Cobra 148GTL inside on fleabay last week. And when I say hacked up, I mean cut holes in the back of the DAK chassis so you don't have to relocate/rewire the SO-239 or the speaker/PA jacks from the back of the 148.

Last time I looked it was over $500. o_O

So, there's precedent. Hope your guy does a cleaner job of it.

Somebody was selling a hacked up DAK X with a Cobra 148GTL inside on fleabay last week. And when I say hacked up, I mean cut holes in the back of the DAK chassis so you don't have to relocate/rewire the SO-239 or the speaker/PA jacks from the back of the 148.

Last time I looked it was over $500. o_O

So, there's precedent. Hope your guy does a cleaner job of it.

A DAK X with a 148GTL would be an even better combo. (y)
But not like the one you described. :(

Reactions: Rwb
In days gone by I've filled the empty space on the right with...
Noise toys
reverb springs
batteries
FM strip
amplifier
audio equalizer , TX/RX either or both
band pass filters
"stash" (if you have to ask...)
"insert here"
The radio has all the holes filled with the noise blanker parts and several other functions that are missing from the low budget 02A boards. what the empty space was for other than a wider radio to contain all the face plate functions is beyond me.
Before you go too far with this one the DC plug is the first modification. It's a bit skinny for any additional current.

The TA7205P is a bit limited by it's distortion products so adding a 2166 driver and 1969 final left you with a severely overtaxed and distorted audio. Using the empty space for a pnp leveraged TIP41 audio circuit (142/148GTL) was an option.

In any case they make a great driver at 2-4 watts into a pair of 454 or 2290's .
With BJT's harder to find a lo drive mosfet pair or quad would fit in that hole easily.

This is one of my favorite mobile AM PLL02A chassis to modify.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated