• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I just worked a TECH in alaska

hookedon6

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jun 21, 2008
.... that had a valid 2 x 2 callsign.

just spinin the VFO a few minutes ago and got into a QSO with an person in ALASKA with a 2 x 2 call. I don't normally look up calls to check the class but, after what he told me, I did in this case.

we were on 28.495 and there was some QRM, so I asked him to "move up 10",...... he (correctly) informed me that he couldn't do that because then he would be out of band.
I didn't pursue that idea any further and we continued our QSO.

after we had cleared, I did look him up, and YES, he was a TECH with a valid 2 x 2 call.

I knew that GENERALS could get a KL7## call with a valid mailing address, but, this was a TECH with a KL1## call.

If some one would have told me this was possible , I would have bet the farm that they were wrong.:cry:

Reactions: 2 people

I didn't think about that either. So I suppose that is allowed for AK, HI and P.R. ?? Good catch. Just listened there myself and he has cleared or propagation isn't quite going that far for me.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.