• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

i miss freecell . let the flamming begin !

Status
Not open for further replies.
From your post in the Gizmotchy thread:

"Since the Gizmotchy has +12Db gain before the add-on director; I should see a minimum of +15Db forward gain with the added director/"Power Booster..."

Ok. First, let's just assume that is DBi, and not DBd, which would be a more appropriate reference for this type of beam antenna, which is basically analogous to a 3 element yagi. Rounding numbers up to be generous, real world gain is probably closer to 7 DBi. Adding a single director element maybe gets you to 9 DBi.

Now if you had said that the Giz "claims" 12 db, you'd be all good. Words matter.

BTW, your Imax doesn't have 6 db gain over anything other than maybe a dummy load. I have an Imax and like it a lot, but it is just an end fed .64 radiator with a lossy matching circuit. At best, maybe a DB or two over a 1/2 wave dipole.

I'd like to end this feud as well, and admit to being way too impulsive sometimes. I'm also sorry for the way I spoke to you in my PM. That wasn't nice.

Again, those are the mfr's claims; not my findings.
I trust the readers are smart enough to tell the difference.
The review is slower in coming than I expected due to bad weather/thunderstorms in central cal forecast w/rain for the next few days as well.

But I can accept that you are trying to let all go too.
And that is well.

So what exactly happens to the items that you receive for review? Am I incorrect in believing that they become a part of your personal collection? If so, this is something I'm not used to seeing on this forum.

Also, if anyone runs a automotive forum I'd like to be an admin there, I could use a new suv.

?

I did. Why don't you answer my question just to clear up any possible confusion?

Again, those are the mfr's claims; not my findings.
I trust the readers are smart enough to tell the difference.
The review is slower in coming than I expected due to bad weather/thunderstorms in central cal forecast w/rain for the next few days as well.

But I can accept that you are trying to let all go too.
And that is well.

*SIGH*

When YOU say that the antenna "has" 12 DB of gain, YOU have ownership of the claim now.

If you say that the antenna "claims to have" 12 DB of gain, then and only then are you expressing the manufacturer's claim.

DIFFERENCE!!!! Again, words matter. This is not about semantics. YOU are saying that this antenna has 12 DB of gain. That is what the word "has" means.

I will tend to agree with all that Moleculo has said.

To start with this tread started out as a Freecell thread...It has gotten so far off track that a freight train taking a dirt road couln't fimd it.

It has gotten into a pissing contest with a mod and members about a review about a beam and the fact the mfg supplied one (no charge) for a public review...not about Freecell.

With that being said ... you can consider this thread LOCKED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.