• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Miss....

I miss the feeling of growing up in a small town in the 60's. During the summer months, me and my brother would leave the house in the morning and go wherever we wanted with nothing to fear unless we didn't make it back home before dark. Then we'd get a good ass whipping.

I miss the Friday nights when our parents, their friends and relatives would come over with all of their kids. The grownups would play cards or dominos and us kids got a free pass to be outside after dark, but we had to stay on our block, or get a good ass whipping.

Good ass whippings seem to be all but extinct.

OK, I thought of some more things I miss. I miss watching the Midnight Special.I miss cruising town on Friday and Saturday nights, kids don't seem to do this around here anymore. I miss Drive in Theaters, I miss when the Sonic car hops used roller skates. I miss when you could leave your car or home unlocked and not worry about it. I miss 5& Dime stores. I miss the Hair Bands of the 80s. I miss the smell of a pencil box from grade school days. I miss when a handshake and a mans word was a agreement set in stone. And I'll say it again, I MISS THE DIMMER SWITCH IN THE FLOORBOARD, WHERE THEY BELONG!!!

OK, I thought of some more things I miss. I miss watching the Midnight Special.I miss cruising town on Friday and Saturday nights, kids don't seem to do this around here anymore. I miss Drive in Theaters, I miss when the Sonic car hops used roller skates. I miss when you could leave your car or home unlocked and not worry about it. I miss 5& Dime stores. I miss the Hair Bands of the 80s. I miss the smell of a pencil box from grade school days. I miss when a handshake and a mans word was.........
You sound old.
At least as old as me based on all that, but you left out the S&H Green stamp store.

I still miss my grandma's biscuits and chocolate gravy more than anything.

Jeff

i miss the drag races at the connecting BQE expressway in Astoria NY in the 80's.
That was very common for even small towns a few minutes back
As a kid we had a 1/3 mile oval and 1/4 mile drag strip west of town.
The Fresno Sand Pipers club sponsored the yearly sand drags where you could watch everything from VW bugs and street 4×4's to Top Fuel dragsters running dual paddle tracks down in the river.
Summers were filled with Top fuel Hydros at Brenda Reservoir.
My buddy Jim had a Dart GT with 340-4 barrel, I had a Cornet with a tunnel ram and dual Holly......
Wait...
Let's go throw another log on the campfire and grab another beer....
and talk of wine, women, and song

Ya lol
Those days

Jeff

Beer in short brown glass bottles with paper labels. Prince Albert smoking tobacco in pocket tins (flat tin cans with flip lid). Kick starters on motorcycles. Glass pack mufflers and fender skirts. Three on the tree. Four on the floor. Rolled and pleated upholstery in cars. Cigarette lighters in dash. Old trucks. Drive In Theaters.

You sound old.
At least as old as me based on all that, but you left out the S&H Green stamp store.

I still miss my grandma's biscuits and chocolate gravy more than anything.

Jeff
:giggle: I completely forgot about the green stamp store!!! I used to help my momma, seem like we had small books that you pasted them in and then took them in the store to buy things with? That was a loooong time ago I had to been about 4 or 5 years old. LOL!!!!

Napster, WCW, floppy disks, Windows XP, the 80's, the 90's, arcades, riding in the bed of the truck, Surge, Bigfoot pizza, recording songs from the radio onto cassettes. And looking under the cap to see if I got a free coke.
WCW was pretty great. nWo! :p I still mess with old computers, so I still got a decent collection of 5.25 disks and 3.5" disks. Only double density as High Density disks I really don't have a use for on the older hardware.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.