• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Miss....

Ya know, when you're nWo, you're nWo 4-Life brotha. It's just, too, sweeeeet. I also miss the sound of typing on the Commodore 64, and loading programs from cassette which i always thought was the coolest thing.
I've a couple of C-64's in the storage container, haven't plugged em in for years. My first computer, and I had BBS online with it before the days of the internet and about the same time as FIDO net.. Online with a whopping $1000 dollar 20 meg hard drive.
Moved to an Amiga and still have a couple of those in storage. Fun times

I miss my '62 Chevy Bel Air "Bubbletop" 409cu in - 409 hp 4speed. My '66 Mercury Comet Cyclone GT 390-4spd. My '67 Mercury Cougar 390-4spd. My '69 Corvette 427 335hp 4-speed. I miss ALL of my muscle cars. If I still had them all . . . I'd be a millionaire twice over !!
But most of all, I miss the days when I made enough money to afford a new car almost every year.

Last edited:
Ya know, when you're nWo, you're nWo 4-Life brotha. It's just, too, sweeeeet. I also miss the sound of typing on the Commodore 64, and loading programs from cassette which i always thought was the coolest thing.
No doubt. the C64 rocked. Still does. :) They do some crazy stuff with it now. 1541 Ultimate, Turbo Chameleon 64, and a ton others I am forgetting. I got ok at repairing them. The hardest part now is sourcing an original SID sound chip as they all eventually give up. There are some replacements though available, but do a good job.

Scott Hall... That guy rocked lol! aka Razor Ramon. May he rest in peace.. :(

I've a couple of C-64's in the storage container, haven't plugged em in for years. My first computer, and I had BBS online with it before the days of the internet and about the same time as FIDO net.. Online with a whopping $1000 dollar 20 meg hard drive.
Moved to an Amiga and still have a couple of those in storage. Fun times
Please check the voltages of the original C64 power supply before you ever plug it in. The stock power supplies are filled with epoxy and can give up at any given moment and take out some of the chips inside. :) Just to keep it in mind.

As for your Amigas, make sure the batteries are removed if its an Amiga 2000/3000/4000. The Amiga 500+ had a barrel battery on the board as well, otherwise the 512KB ram expansion is notorious for the leaking.

I am glad to help you when the time comes to check stuff out. One more think, if its an Amiga 600 or the 1200, those surface mount caps have surely leaked by now and slowly eating at the traces around itself. Luckily, there is a way to backup your HDD as long as you have a means of an old IDE port or a SCSI interface and use WinUAE. :)

Otherwise, I would be glad to help you backup disks with any important data for ya. Keep me updated.

898 Kansas.

Add so more. I Miss...

-The "General protection Fault"
-"Divide By Zero Error."
-C:\\
-Which way text based adventure games.
-45 rpm records
-Neighborhood old ladies talking on CB with a bigger antenna and kicker than --most local guys around town.
-Only three TV networks and a couple local TV stations. Life was simpler when the family watched the Sunday Night Movie together. Sean Connery and Roger Moore on Sunday Night Movie was a family event.
- Full Service Filling Stations
- Local made retreaded tires

I miss my 1970 Olds 442.
1970_442 006.jpg

Remember when most radio stations were on AM, and the local small town station had actual real live people spinning actual vinyl records ? And you could call up on a Friday night and they would play your request ? And the music was new and exciting ?

I also fondly remember the "Trading Post of the Air" where people would call in and try and sell stuff ! And the funeral announcements with the incredible cheesy organ music..... and the play-by-play of the parade down Main Street for whatever the occasion was.

Maybe radio is still like that in some tiny town somewhere; but even out here in the Canadian woods, commercial radio is all automated and completely intolerable !

Remember when most radio stations were on AM, and the local small town station had actual real live people spinning actual vinyl records ? And you could call up on a Friday night and they would play your request ? And the music was new and exciting ?

I also fondly remember the "Trading Post of the Air" where people would call in and try and sell stuff ! And the funeral announcements with the incredible cheesy organ music..... and the play-by-play of the parade down Main Street for whatever the occasion was.

Maybe radio is still like that in some tiny town somewhere; but even out here in the Canadian woods, commercial radio is all automated and completely intolerable !
I rember camping in Missouri with my folks as a kid and the local station we could pick-up had what sounded like teenaged DJ that was trying to be cool but really wasn't, he did play good music but got on my last nerve, LOL but I still remember how he sounded to this day. And I'll add I miss the skating rinks and the all night skates, I miss making prank phone calls before caller ID and answering machines, I miss the scary movies on Friday nights and old school Looney Tunes on Saturday morning, I miss American Band Stand and Soul Trian, I miss walking on frozen due and the grass crunching under my feet, that seldom happens in Oklahoma anymore. I miss the parties and bonfires we had in high school, I miss walking the school halls and feeling like a big shot with my letter jacket even though I really wasn't a big shot, but I felt like I was:cool:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.