• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I need an antenna tuner

I'm using the LDG YT-100. Made for 897D. Don't believe the g5rv haters. I have a g5rv junior (short version) up about 9 meters. It will tune 80 through 6 meters with no problem at all. Nothing wrong with a g5rv. I've talked all over the world consistently, and busted many a pileup with 100 watts. Digital with less than 10 watts also. Sure, you can't compete with the legal limit guys, but I thought the point was use the minimum amount of power to complete the QSO.

I'm not a G5RV "hater",... but,.. I have slept in a Holiday Inn.

there is no such thing as a multi-band G5RV.
there is no such thing as a "junior" G5RV.

you may have worked some stations with your antenna, but,...... "busted many a pileup" :blink:

the term "G5RV" has been misused and tagged to so many antennas that are not G5RV antennas.

I use my G5RV 160 through 20 with 1.1 using my new mfj tuner. I switch and use the Antron 99 for 17 through 10 with 1.1 to 1.3 with tuner. Pretty happy with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a G5RV "hater",... but,.. I have slept in a Holiday Inn.

there is no such thing as a multi-band G5RV.

there is no such thing as a "junior" G5RV.

you may have worked some stations with your antenna, but,...... "busted many a pileup" :blink:

the term "G5RV" has been misused and tagged to so many antennas that are not G5RV antennas.

I know, there's no Santa Clause or Easter Bunny also. (Eye-roll)
My G5RV can be tuned on multiple bands, is shorter in length than the 102 foot version (thus junior). W8AMZ makes a junior version. I have gotten through first call on many dx stations with that antenna and 100 watts or less. G5rv' s do exist OM. Wrestling, though, is fake.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.