• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

i need some advice

G

ghostrider943

what would be the best mobile 10 meter adio i can get for 200 or less? i dont need or want to spend anymore than that because the truck i drive is also drivin by another driver so we will be using the same radio (at least he is gonna pay half).There are so many out there i dont know whats what anymore.

</p>

Thats a kick butt radio Ghostrider and AM POWER is a truthful and trustworthy person. You could not go wrong.

Untitled01.jpg
</p>

Not quite sure that you will see 50 watts out of it but they are darn good radios. Mack has one that is stock and that radio sure does smoke.

Untitled01.jpg

MagMount...3:16</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>It would have to be type accepted by the FCC to be used on the 10 meter amateur band<hr></blockquote>

Frank, I believe it is the other way around. They have to be FCC type accepted to be used as CB. A ham can use these radios for 10 meter. The problem that the FCC has is that they are made to be easily converted to allow 11 meters .

Here is a quote from a FCC citation-

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>According to the Commission's records, these devices have not received an FCC equipment authorization which is required for Citizens Band transmitters marketed in the United States. <hr></blockquote>

sonwatchersig.gif
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sonwatcher>Sonwatcher</A> at: 12/20/04 5:08 am

Most any time you see a date of Dec 31 1969 where it doesn't belong, it tends to suggest a system that was moved from a Micro$oft environment to a Unix-based setup.

This forum changed hosts about 15 years back, IIRC.

The forum database did not get properly scrubbed, and old data was interpreted in interesting ways by the new host system. The data format for date and time in the old system was not compatible with the new one, and would come across as a zero.

All dates/times in a Unix environment are expressed as a ginormous binary integer. Pretty sure it's the number of "system jiffies" (1/60th of a second) since midnight, Jan 1, 1970.

If the date field contains all zeros, because of a translation error, you get a date one-sixtieth of a second earlier, Dec 31, 1969.

There were a few hiccups in the move from the old host to the current one. The number of posts for each user got hosed, and had to be manually corrected.

But that's the short version. Any post that shows that unlikely date was posted to the system before the big move.

Last edited:
This was from way back in the EZ Board days.
What a mess that was.
This forum has seen some major growing pains over the years.
A lot of hard work has gone into the forum we have here today.
Many long sleepless nights fixing stuff......

Older than Dirt.

Jeff

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.