• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

i stopped monkeyn' around (new 10k)

you monkeyMade trader

looks great. how much for that antenna?
I am using a black AL C'apone with a tram try-mag mount picked up for 75 bucks along with a texasStar sweet sixteen shell, all there but the pills :p

AlCaponetrammount.jpg

BIONIC_TEXAN88 said:
hotrod said:
nice job there bt. is that a 3 pad or 4 pad mag mount.
can we see a close up of it

its a quad mag mount. hell, a tri mag will hold it fine.
was curious ive been looking at quad mounts ive seen some from h&y electronics that are different then the ones coppers
sell.why i was wondering

lords said:
you monkeyMade trader

I am using a black AL C'apone with a tram try-mag mount picked up for 75 bucks along with a texasStar sweet sixteen shell, all there but the pills :p

AlCaponetrammount.jpg

I traded in the monkey and a meter on it. his price was $69 for it.

I have never heard of your black antenna, how does it perform?

I am thinking of getting my 10k lower and upper shaft powdercoated black.

BIONIC_TEXAN88 said:
lords said:
you monkeyMade trader

AlCaponetrammount.jpg

I traded in the monkey and a meter on it. his price was $69 for it.

I have never heard of your black antenna, how does it perform?

I am thinking of getting my 10k lower and upper shaft powdercoated black.

Well the dude I got it from hangs with badboy a shootout champ! bodboy made it along with 3 other antennas for my friend and he ran it with a 3pill driving and 8 pill running a 24 pill with 3 alts and 16 6 volt batterys along with 1 commercial battery, so it pounds some watts.He keyed this antenna up at 4000+ on a 5000watt bird slug built into the van... so far its sounds pretty good got to wait for my buddy to goto work tomorrow about 50 miles away to see if the receive works as good as the mm9 :)

Hi BIONIC_TEXAN88, ;)

Did you hole your roof?.. It seems like it but, if it's not. What is the name of magnet mount that you're using, please and where did you purchase it? I would like to take a look at, sir. :D

Thanks,

StomperX

BY THE WAY, BADASS TRUCK! :D

StomperX said:
Hi BIONIC_TEXAN88, ;)

Did you hole your roof?.. It seems like it but, if it's not. What is the name of magnet mount that you're using, please and where did you purchase it? I would like to take a look at, sir. :D

Thanks,

StomperX

BY THE WAY, BADASS TRUCK! :D
ditto ,im looking for a quad mount also
btw h&y has a few nice ones

lords said:
if you look really good that is a quad mount :)
also if you did drill a hole you would have to make some kind of support brackets ( square or round ,metal or fiberglass) to support the wind load for that baby :)
so thats is the antenna hole and 4 or so smaller holes for nuts and bolts...that would be a shame on that truck :(

I honestly have no experience with the I-10Ks but I've been told they are fairly light ? Wouldn't a round saw blade under there be good enough ?

Switch Kit said:
lords said:
if you look really good that is a quad mount :)
also if you did drill a hole you would have to make some kind of support brackets ( square or round ,metal or fiberglass) to support the wind load for that baby :)
so thats is the antenna hole and 4 or so smaller holes for nuts and bolts...that would be a shame on that truck :(

I honestly have no experience with the I-10Ks but I've been told they are fairly light ? Wouldn't a round saw blade under there be good enough ?

yep, i think that would be sufficient. the 10k is a light, light, but strong antenna. Jim, if you picked one up, you would be shocked as to how light they are.

Switch Kit said:

Its a P-10K (not an I-10K) and if you have a 3/8x24 mount, you can test mine. Its BRAND NEW on a 27" shaft. It is NOT for sale, but I'm always willing to help others see the light!

I'm not sure about an antenna thats painted.

Paint would absorb RF.
And especially on the coil, skin effect means the surface conductivity of the coil is very important for performance.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?