• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I took the Exam for Extra class this evening

Nice job! Wish I could upgrade myself, it is not that advanced is so bad I just want to be able to say I did it. But ever since I had a stroke in 2007 the memory is not what it should be. Seems like by the time I get all of it in my head I need to start over because I can't remember the oldest information. I will keep trying.

Not knocking you... But...

Most Advance operators never upgrade. They like people to know that they passed the 13 WPM General exam. God forbid, they upgrade now, and later, be mistaken for a "no code" extra.

I'm afraid there isn't an Advanced license anymore (you can renew an existing one, but no new ones are issued), which I think is unfortunate.
The old Novice license gave a means of starting the hobby in the HF bands rather than just the VHF/UHF bands as with the Technician class. It wasn't essential, but it was an easy way of getting started. Oh well, things change...
- 'Doc

Congrats. I passed the general a little over a month ago and I will be waiting for it to post as well. Right now I am using the /AG of course.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.