• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I want to sell all of my ham gear and buy DRONES!

Tallman

KW4YJ Honorary Member Silent Key
May 1, 2013
Louisville, KY
Just when I thought my money was safe along comes a video link sent to me by my son. Of all things it was a drone being used for fishing. The drone takes the line out and drops it into a school of Tuna fish. The guy who was manning the rod and reel didn't have to do much of anything except reel in a fish that had to weight at least 50 lbs, That was the coolest thing I have ever seen. Some of the drones I want to own cost less than my IC-7100 or my FT-857.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...C9634E1C3781CACDABDFC9634E1C3781CAC&FORM=VIRE

Life imitates art, imitates life, imitating art :LOL: I have purchased some quality radio related equipment from folks that were changing to the Drone aircraft hobby. Evidently, that drone $tuff can get Expen$ive in a hurry. I would assume directly proportional to ones ability to fly them in windier conditions.

Reactions: Tallman
1346598031_screen_20120902_2052_2.jpg

You betcha they get expensive in a hurry. I have been studying and the one I want is a DJI Mavic Pro. Range is 4.5 miles and flight time is 25 to 30 minutes. Price starts at 1000.00
Maybe I just need to sell some of my gear?

Tallman check out Tower Hobbies for drones as well. They sell a variety and some you can opt for a payment plan splitting the payments into either 2 or 3 payments. Just some food for thought. Not all of them have this option, but there are quite a few that do. Helps offset the total cost when you don't have to pay all of it at once. Tower Hobbies is the only online shop that I know of that does this as well. Good place to buy pretty well most any hobby grade RC vehicles and such.

Reactions: Tallman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1