• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I will never make this mistake again!

G-Golly Wally

WDX 719 SE Oklahoma
Nov 5, 2008
Southeastern Oklahoma
About three weeks ago I received a call from an Oklahoma city number that had popped up on my phone several times previously. So I answered to find it was someone soliciting for the Oklahoma Highway patrol. They caught me at the right moment so I donated $25 dollars to their cause, not knowing I had just opened up a can of worms. I had never donated to them before and thought why not. After I made a donation then hindsight kicked in and I thought how stupid, I don't know if this is legit or not! Turns out it was on the up and up but didn't realize it would turn into police harassment. After that day it began, 2 calls a day, then 3 a day, then 4 a day and so on and so on. So yesterday I hit my limit the phone rang, looked at the number and new who it was . I let the man on the other end go through his spill and when he ended with could you find it in your hart to donate $20 dollars to his cause, I blew my top in a very loud and angry voice I told him , I donated $25 to you SOB's three weeks ago! Now you call me four or five times a day! Now you've aggravated me I'll never give you money again! F%@k YOU !!! DON'T EVER CALL ME AGAIN!!! I'm not sure at what point he hung up on me but I guess he got the point, I haven't received another call from them in 24 hours, hate to be that way but my goodness, I don't mind helping out but don't just keep pestering me everyday. Never again I'm done donating to the Oklahoma Highway patrol.

I've donated a few times to the KSP - though it's always been after I received a driving award of some sort. Gotta return the favor you know, they have me an award so I gave them a donation!

LOL

Sorry they thought youd just magically open up the ole billfold every time they call. I hate when organizations get that mindset!

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
I gave to Disabled Veterans & Wounded Warriors because I'm a veteran and have a heart but I'm expecting the Junk Mail to start flooding my box until I have to send them a nasty note. They all just want $19.00 a month ! That seems to be the magic # for all the Please Give Me outfits.

I shouldn't be getting any calls from our state associations, but I do. They call me about twice a year. It's like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing... So I kindly tell them, I'm a lifetime member of the Sheriff's Association of Texas and the State Troopers Association.
I know each association hires this out but come on...

The ones that call here in Florida are not even associated with our local Law Enforcement. I am a Retired (30 Years) State Law Enforcement Officer & I pointed that out to them before I blocked them & they said I was Wrong even after I had spoken to my close friend the Sheriff about it. They are bottom feeding SCUM & Sewer Rats so just block them & move on. I Rarely ever get a Scam caller form anywhere & my wife gets them most every day.

My wife gives to Vets, animal groups, some political groups etc. Our mailbox and phone is constant with requests for more. I think these people pass around the sucker list to other groups. Not that I mind so much donating to help those in real need.
I think it's a shame that Veterans have to go through the BS of trying to make things work after they're injured while serving, and we don't as a country, and I mean the law makers(?) especially that don't mind giving our tax money to everyone except US citizens in need. We need to take care of our own first, and if anything is left, then help others, not the other way around...Being a Army Vet myself, I don't think enough can be done for our warriors. I got in and out with no issues so I consider myself lucky.
OK, off my soap box, sorry for the rant.

About three weeks ago I received a call from an Oklahoma city number that had popped up on my phone several times previously. So I answered to find it was someone soliciting for the Oklahoma Highway patrol. They caught me at the right moment so I donated $25 dollars to their cause, not knowing I had just opened up a can of worms. I had never donated to them before and thought why not. After I made a donation then hindsight kicked in and I thought how stupid, I don't know if this is legit or not! Turns out it was on the up and up but didn't realize it would turn into police harassment. After that day it began, 2 calls a day, then 3 a day, then 4 a day and so on and so on. So yesterday I hit my limit the phone rang, looked at the number and new who it was . I let the man on the other end go through his spill and when he ended with could you find it in your hart to donate $20 dollars to his cause, I blew my top in a very loud and angry voice I told him , I donated $25 to you SOB's three weeks ago! Now you call me four or five times a day! Now you've aggravated me I'll never give you money again! F%@k YOU !!! DON'T EVER CALL ME AGAIN!!! I'm not sure at what point he hung up on me but I guess he got the point, I haven't received another call from them in 24 hours, hate to be that way but my goodness, I don't mind helping out but don't just keep pestering me everyday. Never again I'm done donating to the Oklahoma Highway patrol.
They know where you live...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated