• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I would appreciate some of those "thoughts and prayers"

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
I take my wife tomorrow for a 3 hour outpatient surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff. A complete double tear in her left shoulder and she is left handed. The next few months is going to be ...... interesting.

If anybody has any "good news fodder" that I can throw her way about this surgery...... I would appreciate it.

But... when the surgeon himself says that THIS is going to be a tough surgery...and there will be pain... I have to imagine that there isn't really much to look forward to.......except..... after ALL the healing.

I had 3-hours of surgery on my right shoulder about 4 years ago although there was some pain it was not bad and I recovered pretty quickly that being said it may not have been as bad as your wife so I can't really give much to that but I have not had a bit of issue since and was glad to have the surgeon that I had touted as one of the best in the country and was on lone from a major hospital so it's the luck of the draw sometimes I wish your wife the best and fully understand what she will be going through.

You and the wife will definitely be in my prayers sir not only tomorrow but through out her recovery.

I had open shoulder surgery to repair my rotator cuff tear from weight lifting. When I finally had surgery I couldn’t even roll down a car window or lift 1/2 gallon of milk. That was many moons ago. Since then I’ve never had any problems or issues regarding mobility or joint stiffness. Do the rehab even if she thinks she’s doing fine! Can’t stress it enough DO THE REHAB! The part that hurt the most for me was they also had to shave the bone and that was sore quite a while.

Also don’t over due it even if it feels good and obviously no snow shoveling…LOL

I’m confident she will recovery completely.

Brad

I take my wife tomorrow for a 3 hour outpatient surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff. A complete double tear in her left shoulder and she is left handed. The next few months is going to be ...... interesting.

If anybody has any "good news fodder" that I can throw her way about this surgery...... I would appreciate it.

But... when the surgeon himself says that THIS is going to be a tough surgery...and there will be pain... I have to imagine that there isn't really much to look forward to.......except..... after ALL the healing.

We will keep you in our prayers.

Jeff

Well g_199, I will keep you both in my thoughts. I must suggest that your better half (or anyone else facing this surgery) follow surgeons instructions and be an active participant in the rehab process. I had rotator cuff surgery in Nov '19 and went back to work in December. Being short on equipment operators, I opted to run one piece of equipment myself, and man was that a mistake. Today my pain is very close to what I had pre surgery.

Moral of the story - follow thru with the rehab/PT !

Praying for you and your wife. My wife decided just today she's going to call the DR that did her knee surgery and see about getting her shoulder fixed. I have a feeling it's a rotator cuff issue, it's been bothering her for several years. She's one that will put It off until she can't take it any longer, she now wakes up 4 to 5 time's a night because of the discomfort. She's cut hair for 30 plus years and is having a difficult time working now, I'm sure it's going to be a more difficult surgery now than if she'd had had it taken care of earlier.

Hmmm...
There are several articles from Sports figures that discuss things like Tommy Johns as well as Eric Musselman.

Although these stories are Sports related, I can easily relate to such events from having to Deal with my Wife's Mom and her staying with us.

She had several injuries that she hid from her Husband (Father-in-Law) and is why she wound up in such bad shape on our doorstep.

She simply deferred all her health issues to the Lord and when the time for Dad to get called - she was expecting to be called first before him.

In living thru her surgery recovery healing and therapy (multiple times of process) when I mention such things as Isaiah, you can easily read about his struggles. After reading such chapters - you notice things - little blessings that although seem to be moot and incidental - are not coincidental.

But one thing that many do not think about are, in dealing with current events that; somehow, we've gone thru this before - the Book of Habakuk is also an intense read about a journey of suffering that few have experienced, unless you're married.

The simpler "Friends with Benefits" approach is similar to the "less intense" ROM Com or endless repeats of "F-R-I-E-N-D-S". Those that stay in such conditions will never truly feel, experience, or even witness for those that are weak also turn their back away from the pain the other suffers - those that do this, miss out on the burdens that can make us far stronger spiritually. Those that stay, endure - you become witness to the changes that happen in people as they work thru their pain in life as age and experience add layer upon layer from living thru hard times - and in their journey - you're taken along into their Valley of Sheol.

You become their Light in their darkness.
Their Strength when they are weak.
Their Courage when they are afraid.​

Don't lose that.

It's those phases and times of our life we add "colors" to our view. Not because of what we wore in those times, but by what our souls bore thru those times.

Jamey Johnson covered a wonderful song called In Color. You can search for that song in your moments of leisure.

As time progresses, the pain is processed, fades and weakens it grip from having its influence - so those intense moments seem less vivid.

By looking back, because of the journey - you can say with relished abandon - "You should have seen it in Color.".

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated