• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IBM 21L2906

Crusher

May 12, 2007
Louisville, KY
It's a 48v @ 73a switching supply. I wondered if anyone has had or used one of these for a 50v supply. Mine didn't come with any labels or pin outs. So I haven't figured out how to hook it up yet. Anyone have any ideas or advice or even a link somewhere. I spent an hour on Google, there are a lot for sale. But no info that I could find.

If you post a picture of the terminals I might be able to help you if they are labeled with some abbreviations. Many of these larger switching supplies have a remote sense line that monitors the voltage at the load. If these are not connected the supply will go into over voltage shutdown.

5 Photos
48V 112A Switching Power Supply PN 21L2906 73 Amps @ 48v 3500 Watts 200/380v IBM

I tried posting link from ebay but didn't work. None of the terminals are labeled. None. Probably take cover off so I can trace power leads for input and output. But still have to figure what was hooked up to parallel port. Maybe V adjust or sense. Not sure. Will try to get pic up this weekend. I paid $90 for it. It's almost 30 inches long. It's huge.

Not exactly what I was expecting to see. From the 3 pole circuit breaker it also appears this one is set up for 3 phase power input. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I figured out input wiring (ground and single/3phase wiring). Has spade terminals so I can make connections inside. Looks like single phase is also fused before breaker. So it made it pretty simple to track down. I figured out where 48v comes out back. Pretty simple, luckily some capacitors between terminals and traced down with fluke. Looks like top of terminal strip comes off. Now / later will have to see if it fires right up, or if it needs a sense resistor or what not. As I progress, I will keep informed. The parallel port is what has me concerned. Fun times.

Reactions: avistar23

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.