• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IC 718

avistar23

May 17, 2005
Nassau Bahamas
Ive got a weird issue with an icom IC 718, it wont power on after sitting for about 7 years......

i have started to diagnose the issue but now the old ribbon cables have become un usable after taking them out

they read "AWM E41447 2896 VW -1"

The problem is this seems to bring up many ribbon cables and isnt very specific, digi key has thousands of options. Does anyone know what cables fit? i can add pics if it will help, they go from the control head logic board to the main chassis

No i will measure, me kids and wife got stomach virus at different times over the past week hampered my efforts to do anything either i am sick or taking care of one of my kids... hopefully all better tomorrow and back to fixing

No i will measure, me kids and wife got stomach virus at different times over the past week hampered my efforts to do anything either i am sick or taking care of one of my kids... hopefully all better tomorrow and back to fixing
That's no fun, that has happened to us before. You guys drink plenty of water and hang in there. Hope you guys get better soon.
Chris

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?