• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IC-7700

WHEW! - That's a relief, I thought it was going to be expensive...

I heard it was slated to be about 6K, but if the dollar keeps dropping maybe 10K won't be all that far off. :cry:

poor 007 no wanna pay money for hydolla radio
i dont blame you. Youd be dumb to pay that much for that rig.
The most id ever spend on a radio would be whatever they are getting for that 756proIII

Well I finally like one of the newer rigs. That 'virtual' meter really moves like a real one, I wonder if it would translate the same minor differences that a real analog does or if there's a buffer circuit in line which equalizes minor (>.5dB) differences. Hope not because I'm thinking I may have to enter the 21st century and spring for one of these. I love my IC-751A but this is a whole lot more radio.
If I do take the leap it won't be until next year, I don't want any 1st generation rigs, usually too many bugs still have to be worked out.

Love that rack mount look.

http://www.rigpix.com/icom/x3.htm

x3.jpg

ic7700.jpg

I kinda like the 7700 a little better. more goodies and I'm a softy for brushed aluminum or aluminum trimmed knobs like the 7700.
Anyone able to find a pic of the 7700 with the rack mount handles affixed?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.