1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

icom 7300 /md200 ? advice please

Discussion in 'General Ham Radio Discussion' started by knight patrol 60, Nov 27, 2018.

1. knight patrol 60

I am thinking about adding the "extra element " in the MD200 yaesu mic ..the radio is the 7300 icom ..ordered some electret condensers , Panasonic 61a and another quality one ..
    looking for anyone who runs such a mic with electret mod done to md 200 ...do I need to be wary of the power from mic socket on icom ?

also goin to do the heil proset plus ..hc5/hc4 ..would like to change one and save one for the ft 95o , which element would /should I replace with electret and save for yaesu

regards billy
    VA7WFD

Attached Files:

2. BJ radionut

BJ radionut Supporting Member and 6m addict

3. knight patrol 60

4. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

i use the heil icm works great in my 7300

5. knight patrol 60

i am only interested in answers to the md200..enjoy your icm …

6. Mustang 131

Mustang 131 Well-Known Member

I've used Heil on many different radios. Choose the correct element correctly, and it will sound pretty good.

7. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

gee bite nmy head off. no need to be mean about it.

8. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

https://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1688

9. knight patrol 60

thanks for replys ..I am looking for personal experiences with the change out of the "electret" element in the "MD200" YAESU MIC ..ive been through eham ..which is primarily my go to source of info ..when you cant find the info you want/need then here is the place to come ..type can be taken out of context ..as always thanks for input gentlemen ..

10. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

EHAM is my LAST "go to" source for anything.

BJ radionut likes this.