• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom glue on filter board ...

Klondike Mike

May 31, 2010
Alberta, Canada
tinyurl.com
I just received a "spare" filter board for the Icom 756. Although about 20 years old now, looks like I've got some glue to remove before I put it back in the parts bin. Anyone have any experience with Icom glue?

filter1e1529445752.jpg

if it has a similar viscosity to dried liquid nails, (really hard almost like plastic) then it is the same "sonybond" material that has always been used in home electronics.

this is the stuff you need in order to remove it:
s-c10-312.png

drip some of this stuff on to the glue and let it sit for a minute or so.

you will begin to be able to pick it off of parts once it gets gooey again.

be careful with this stuff or it will knock you out from the fumes.

also, it evaporates VERY quickly so be sure to keep the lid on tight.
LC

Just came in today. No testing done on it yet, I spent my time doing up the fancy picture. The glue seems to have a similar consistency like commercial hot glue. I do have some GC solvent that I have used on HR2510 glue. We'll see how it works on Icom glue.

if it has a sheen to it, and looks to have dried like hot glue does; you may not need to mess with it at all.

If however it looks like that stuff you found in the 2510, you will definitely want to remove it.

also, if you do remove it; be sure to replace it with another type of glue, as it was probably there for a reason.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?