• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICOM IC-7000 programming cable help

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Where what and who do i buy the cable from i really don't want to spend more then $30.00 for it. i have read that its True china cables wont work with Ham radio delux. yes i have herd it is FALSE. so i need to know? i use the 7000 on the base i might as well interface it with my windows Vista and Fios.(y)

Order it from Mama China.

You will be satisfied.

The ones that can't get it to work are usually computer stupid, get frustrated and cry about the cable.

I have one from RadioShack that I use for my IC-7000. It is Model #20-546, and cost $34.99, has a USB to 3.5mm connector (either stereo or mono via an adaptor jumper). The old version (20-047) came with a Driver CD, but the new one requires downloading from the Internet. Hope that helps.

Mike

Thanks all. Im not pc dumb. All u have to do is fine the correct com port to communicate with the radio and pc. Ill buy the one from chickity china. I figured it was pcretarded people might just not get the concept. To the guy it is for ham radio deluxe. Might aswell use it with the new pc. I don't do digital rtty psk yet.

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

After I bought a cable from China, I will never do that again. They said it was 6 ft long; it was only 3 ft long. Said it would work with my radio, it didn't. I bought one from 'Affordable Radio' for a few more bucks; but it was all that it claimed to be.
I recommend them:

6' USB CI-V CT-17 CAT Cable Icom IC-756 IC-7000 IC-7800 | eBay

What radio were u using it on ? Sometimes I get broken new stuff from china but there good at ems a replacement free of charge.

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

But was the cable made in China?

Hmm . . . can't rightly say . . .
The seller is out of Niagara Falls, NY. If he gets them from China - I can't say. But I can say that the cable arrived and worked as described. That works for me.

The first cable I ordered and then had to return - was ordered directly out of China thru eBay. That was a fiasco that I don't want to repeat nor would I want to see someone else make the same mistake that I did. Huge mess. Buy from 'Affordable Radio' on eBay and just save yerself the time and the trouble . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
For about $10 you have what you need for programming and CIV control. This is what I use:

IC-7000 cable | eBay

You still need a sound card interface for digital modes...

The cable offered in those listings by suntekstore for $8.99 w/free shipping is the one I purchased and used prior to getting a RigBlaster Pro. It worked like a charm with no problems at all. Shipping took about 2 weeks, but I knew that prior to purchase so it wasn't a big deal to me.

The cable offered in those listings by suntekstore for $8.99 w/free shipping is the one I purchased and used prior to getting a RigBlaster Pro. It worked like a charm with no problems at all. Shipping took about 2 weeks, but I knew that prior to purchase so it wasn't a big deal to me.

i am about to purchase that one too. comes with that little driver CD. now it appears some cables have one black ring while others show 2 black rings.... that is interesting....? like one is mono while the others is stereo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?