• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom IC-7000 receive problem?

LINE-IN questions...

I'm not sure if I follow this discussion with regard to the PC Audio Line-IN.

What would the PC audio be used for, a source of PC audio "TO" the radio, or the radio audio to the PC "IN"?

If it is Line-In radio audio "TO" the PC how is it getting into the computer, USB or MIC Input?

I work in the AV field and deal with digital rights management, DRM and HDCP.

I am curious if this is being applied to the PC audio and would like to look into this.

(I realize this may be secondary to the root problem you are dealing with)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I follow this discussion with regard to the PC Audio Line-IN.

What would the PC audio be used for, a source of PC audio "TO" the radio, or the radio audio to the PC "IN"?

If it is Line-In radio audio "TO" the PC how is it getting into the computer, USB or MIC Input?

I work in the AV field and deal with digital rights management, DRM and HDCP.

I am curious if this is being applied to the PC audio and would like to look into this.

(I realize this may be secondary to the root problem you are dealing with)

The main issue was the USB to DATA for the ic-7000 was passing massive RF into my Receive,(chokes didn't work Tried it last night). i cannot run PSK31 because my PC is locked "NO LINE IN". Even tho i have 2 rear mics and 1 line in at the back of the PC DELL AND OR SIGMATEL AUDIO has locked it down. You cannot plug in a MP3 player or radio or any device into the line in and listen through the PC.

like me, i have 8 surround sound speakers plugged into the pc for great surround sound. Unfortunately i cant enjoy Ham radio via HD audio because line in was disabled from one of the two manufactures on the PC.

i ran the same speaker layout on my old PC and i had RF issues from earlier HF radios so i went through each speaker and added filters inline and choked each speaker and i have no feedback problems, but new pc new problems LOL go figure

You might have also introduced a ground loop if the PC and radio have different ground locations. Make sure they're using a common ground to avoid this & make sure that the PC and power supply for your rig are using the same 110 circuit.

You might have also introduced a ground loop if the PC and radio have different ground locations. Make sure they're using a common ground to avoid this & make sure that the PC and power supply for your rig are using the same 110 circuit.

Both on the same circuit 110vac. Pc is not grounded.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.