• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom IC-V82 MARS/CAP mod

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
Applies to these models: IC-V82 and IC-U82.
How to expand TX/RX frequency coverage for modification

Frequency coverage: 136 - 174 MHz*
Frequency coverage: 400 - 479 MHz*
For IC-V/U82, remove D48 from the main board.
Note:
The IC-V/U82 already has expanded RX operating frequencies you do not need to reset the CPU (Radio) after the above diode is removed.
* The specification of reception performance outside of the amateur bands is not guaranteed.
Main PCB Layout (Top)

Note: not all of the diodes shown below my be installed on your PCB.
4194_ic-v82_u82_TRX-mod.gif

The diode to remove is first diode to top left of lcd, when looking at main board upright with lcd display facing you, and case is opened.
Removal of castle nut on antenna connector,all case screws including two small screws above and below mic jacks is required to open case.
ic_v82_txexp.jpg

Hello, great article on the Icom v82 mod, I purchase the Icom v85 handheld and was wondering if you or if someone knew how to make same mod to the icom v85 radio. thank you,

Bkshadd

Hi,
I snipped the diode on my u82 to extend the range. It did fine, but when I try to actually transmit sound to my Motorola on the same frequencies it shows a transmission from the icom, but won't relay any actual sound.
In reverse, the moto sound comes out of the icom fine.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong would be great fully appreciated.
Thanks

Working on one of these for a friend, the board in his is vastly different than the one pictured. Possible knock off???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 552
Reactions: binrat

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated