• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom x3

bigred222

Key Up City Radio
Aug 28, 2006
Stamford, CT
www.cbjunk.com
any one seen this sweet rig. i dont even have a ham license and it looked really sweet check it out man. all for around $13k :shock: but worth it well i think so. what do you think hammyz
icomx3.jpg

IMHO there is not a rig made for amateur use that is worth that much money. I also don't get off on the look of that rig with the big ugly display in the middle.I am sure they could have done something a bit better.I prefer radios that look like radios, not a piece of computerized test equipment.That's just me, you may have a differant opinion.

Looks like a rugged version of the Icom 7800. My question is this. Why bother building a radio for 13k and not offer anything higher than 6 meters. I mean, the rig might be worth it if it came with ALL ham bands! I MEAN ALL... 10-160 6, 2, 220, 440, 902, 1240 all the way up to the test bands of 300Ghz. Maybe just stopping at 1240 would be fine. Anyway, The filtering is nice and all, but a 756 pro3 has all the filtering I need and A ton i dont :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.