• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ideas?

Just curious How much do they charge a foot for slip fee's ?<More audio>
Anywhere from $45/foot to $95/ft. The 95/ft marina has live entertainment going thu' thru sat' nights. Barbecues and all kinds of fun stuff every weekend. That price includes shore power, pumpouts, wifi etc. I am opting for the quieter marina. A mix of fisherman and sailors. I spent over 500 hours on Lake Champlain every spring fishing for salmon and lakers. During summer I would haul to CT and spend over 700 hours per season fishing for stripers, blues, false albacore and bonita all on the fly (light tackle). I miss those days but way too expensive to do now. My record was 54 stripers on the fly during an epic squid run in 2 tide swings on Watch Hill. Never stopped the whole day. Many were a little over 20 lbs. A day I will remember for my entire life and to be honest, probably the best day I've ever had period doing anything. Blisters, sore back, totally dehydrated and worth every second. Go to my grave with those memories. It would be nice to connect with the fisherman as well to see what's happening with the fishery. It's been about 8 years since I was up there fishing.

I kinda wanted the radio for the down days when I will be just hangin' around on the boat. No wind, no go. Ya know?

What about a Shakespeare big stick they are made for 11 meters or cover it anyway and it's a true marine antenna they will last. They used to be well built not sure about now but maybe worth looking into, they are basically an antron 99. But more robustly built.

the bigstick and the antron are different types of antennas, even though they look similar.

the antron is a halfwave endfed, and the bigstick is basically a sleeve dipole.

LC

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't know that LC, thanks for the clarification, thought they were like the a99. Thanks for the correct info sir.

Now that could be a topic for another thread I had a Big stick an switched to a 99 an the Atron never really impressed me unfortunately I sold the Big Stick ! Hobie , Watch hill is one of my favorite spots I got into Bonito there last year an what a ball to catch they see the boat with those Big eye's an then Spool Ya ' . Besides now if your lucky you might see Taylor Swift ! lol If you get down this way will have to go out can't wait for Blue Fin fishing out past Block Island !<More audio>

Well, spent the day up north at a couple of boat showings and decided to take a pass for this year. It's just to much to get into right now and would require too much time in prep. time that I just don't have. Just not the right time and feel good about the decision. The wife says go for it but I just don't see how to make it work right now. Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I do appreciate it and the wealth of knowledge you all have is truly impressive.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.