• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Identify this 667V

Hawaiian

Apr 28, 2020
I have a 667v that is only identified on the front gold strip as "Turbo mod Two thirds kilowatt 667V

No mention of Texas Star. I haven't seen one anywhere on the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

I cant figure out how to paste a photo of it on this thread. Thanks!

2B68C6D3-372B-4EE1-91EC-8BDF2EB28B33.png

Photo from CB Tricks...

An “Outcom” before the texas star label, perhaps?

Reactions: groundwire
That's the exact model. Can you tell me about this unit. What's the difference if any? Thanks!!

I can’t. Cbtricks doesn’t seem to have much either...just cabinet views.

that said, I’d be surprised if it’s not much the same as the older 667, a 2290 driving 4 2879s.

You actually might be the one in the position to provide some documentation!

Reactions: Tokin
"Outcom" Is just a older Texas Star...Before they were TS...they were Outcom...So what you have is just a older Texas Star 667v....

Just like the "Killer Bee DX250" is made by Texas Star, but doesn't say TS on it...just a older version of the TS 250 2-pill...

There's also a "Skeleton" amp thats made by Texas Star, but doesn't have the TS logo anywhere on it...

I have a 667v that is only identified on the front gold strip as "Turbo mod Two thirds kilowatt 667V

No mention of Texas Star. I haven't seen one anywhere on the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

I cant figure out how to paste a photo of it on this thread. Thanks!

Great old school amp, much better made then a new 667v in my opinion. Don't overdrive it and you might put a fan on her to keep cool. You don't want to have to replace those Toshiba finals these days, very expensive (see below).

https://www.rfparts.com/2sc2879a-mq.html

https://www.rfparts.com/2sc2290.html

Reactions: Tokin
Would pics of the internals help? I have no idea on adding pics. here. All I see is adding links.
When you reply look below the text box for an "Upload a File" button, usualy below the "Post Reply" button, click and follow prompts to add pics.

It is no different than a old school 667v
Same same same, just a different faceplate.
Just like the Killer Bee , Black Widow and others.
Keep the dead key and peak input low.
All TS amps need a fan so watch the heat, these things will consume lots of amps and make lots of heat.
Over the years I have had both the 667v, and the Turbo Mod.
I always went back to the 500 in the end.
Nothing wrong with them, just very sensitive to drive levels.

Jeff

Nothing wrong with them, just very sensitive to drive levels.
(y)(y)

Please - Heed that advice!

2290 driving 2879 - been finding out MOSFET output radios can easily "overpower" that 2290 to a point where it self-destructs from the swings the MOSFET finals can push into it.

Run the Limiter or Pad (add extra in-line resistance/Capacitance - In Series/Across) to the input drive of the amp else you will lose the "quality" of drive level that amp is known for.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.