• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

If FCC gave CB 50 watts

It's not worth their time nor money. Enforcement goes primarily to the concerns on the broadcast bands where big money is concerned and they have more responsibility to look after those concerns.

I would imagine that their policy is not to care about anything on CB as long as it stays on CB.

Just don't put up an illegal FM broadcast station for your neighborhood or create any interference on a broadcast band!
yes; I understand the world were in, I am asking , based on , post about power, and moving up to ham bands for power and features , """"""WOULD , you SUPPORT , INFORCING, 4 WATTS,"""""" Perhaps I will make this a post. Not saying it is, possible, or doable, or cost effective, But if there was a way. Would you be in favour of cb being 4 watts as designed?

We all have rules and laws we have to live with. Speed limits, Blood alcohol limits, etc.
I have been a cb'er for 51 years and a ham only since 2013. I never used a linear as a cb'er and still don't on ham. Your hobby is what you make it.
Be happy with 4 watts or move up. It is easy.
This is my thoughts as well. I run stock, I wish everyone did, I get, that"s not going to happen, but I can choose to not interact with those that do. I do not think amps are a good idea for cb radio. If you want power get your ham ticket. It is not hard to do, and a world of equipment is out there, and now days just as cheap as cb radio, in some cases uhf/vhf, even cheaper, and very small antennas, easy and cheaper to build, compared to cb.

No that is exactly as 11 meters was envisioned. Want more power and options move up. It's that simple! This is what I did, I felt constrained on 11 meters so I moved up after being on 11 for almost 20 years, now I have almost every radio option before me. Want to run FM? Got that! What to run high power? Got that! Want to run digital? Got that? Want to broadcast TV? Got that! Want to work satellites? Got that! Want to talk to any country in the world? Got that! I don't blame people if they don't want to move up but stop asking to change things to suit your wishes when all your wishes are available elsewhere.

Would love too.......working some 60 to 70 plus hours a week in industrial petro chemical construction. I'm mobile most of the time. Registering with uncle Sam isn't feasible just right now. I'll stick with my CB and kicker for now. I'll just keep at being half legal. Suits me. I'm definatly not getting a card soon. Have a nice day.

What's the difference between a cber and a ham wanting rules changed, or not changed?
Maybe it didn't come accross exactly how I meant. With ham, you have an upgrade path to get more frills, if I want more band space I can upgrade to extra. With 11 meters there is also an upgrade path to ham so asking for more power or more frequency space is fruitless. You already have the upgrade option. If you choose not to then don't complain when you can't get them. This is all I meant. I feel the same way about the proposed Tech's getting more voice privilges on 20 and 40. They already have that option available to then, upgrade the license.

They are two different games. Unless you think they're are four license classes are Cber, technician, general and extra. You might as well throw shortwave listeners in there too.

Different strokes for different folks.

Some CB folks may not be interested in all of the expanded capabilities that come with ham tickets, but may wish only to make for the best possible experience out of CB. Opening CB to FM and/or expanding CB to 50 watts would be my idea of those kinds of efforts.

Reactions: Bow and xm49north7
request the government enforce the rules they have created.
The day the government actually does that will be the day hell freezes over. They prefer to make new laws that will be ignored. That way it looks like they are doing something about the problem. Although it might be nice if they went after anyone running more than 5k on 11m.

Reactions: TheRealPorkchop
Different strokes for different folks.

Some CB folks may not be interested in all of the expanded capabilities that come with ham tickets, but may wish only to make for the best possible experience out of CB. Opening CB to FM and/or expanding CB to 50 watts would be my idea of those kinds of efforts.

You don't have to be interested in all of the expanded capabilities that come with ham tickets. That's the beauty of it being so diversified. You can simply pick and choose among them that suits your interests. If you like to DX then don't bother with VHF/UHF, or satellites, or data or anything else other than HF. If you like to chat locally then maybe go with 2m.

Would love too.......working some 60 to 70 plus hours a week in industrial petro chemical construction. I'm mobile most of the time. Registering with uncle Sam isn't feasible just right now. I'll stick with my CB and kicker for now. I'll just keep at being half legal. Suits me. I'm definatly not getting a card soon. Have a nice day.

I'm tired of driving the speed limits. I'm gonna go to Washington D.C. and tell them I want to drive 100 mph every place I choose and they can stick those 55 mph signs where the sun don't shine. I want the world on my terms and if they don't like it they can get the hell off of MY planet!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated