• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

If FCC gave CB 50 watts

Dude!! We hit the desert! Coincidence? I think not.

And then we just destroyed all the Dairy Queen’s and amusement parks, you know how I like to ride the merry-go-rounds.

319609E6-0BC7-45ED-AC1A-DF74384DD603.gif

Reactions: Redbeard U812
CushCraft 17b2's for me
I had a 17B2 & the support arms for the boom broke in 6 months. I went back to my 215WB that is 30 years old & it's never failed me & I believe it's the Best 2 meter beam that Cushcraft ever built. I also had a couple of 13B2 beams & they all had issues with water in the Black matchbox & the SWR was off the chart. No issues with the Very Solid 215WB which I am still using Today for 2 meter SSB with my ICOM 9100.

What little concern the FCC had for enforcement on 11m evaporated when broadcast TV left the second harmonic. That was the prime enforcement motivation in my neck-o-the-woods when I began in CB in the mid 70s. Now the only folks effected by the splatter-amps and Super-Whacked screwdrivered radios are the folks willing to stay on 11m and marvel at wattmeter needle-swing.

I always get a chuckle out of threads asking for something more from the FCC for 11m. Whatever you're looking for the government to give you is already available due to the lack of enforcement. If you want more effective and longer range signals stop looking at your wattmeters and take a closer look at your antenna system. You know, the part that really matters.........

7 3

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.