• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I'll see ya, and raise ya one too (re: how long)

would that be 37 years total ? or plus another 21 years in the pork ? Man !! How old are you ? about 80 ? :) 21 years cb radio bozo here. That must make me a qualified cb bozo huh ? yeap , 21 years of off the wall receive !(that's enough to make anybodies head mush) then about another 3 years of cb radio on the Internet , same ole song and dance routine , Somethings never change. You would think after all those years I would have learned something huh ? well ..maybe a little.......but the know it alls are still like roses in bloom :) I've come to appreciate noise toys , sound recorders , echo boards and voice changers .........Hmmmmmmm ? Now what's up with that ? :? You would think after all those years I would be a Model CB radio citizens band operator ? Seems as if it's worked in reverse for me . Oh Hell !! if I can't amuse myself one way or the other I'd think I'd thrown in the towel by now. My years on the CB radio make me no better then the guy that just got his plastic cased Cobra 19 and his 19.99 magmount antenna or the guy on his clipped NPC modded Cobra 2000 on his 1000 watt X-force , some just get to be bigger a-holes then the other guy. (-: are we having fun yet ? Peace

Yes I got into cb back in 1964 or so.
Got my Ham ticket in 1964 at the age of 6 and got my extra at the age of 9. Code no problem at all. had a neighbor that was into radio since he was a radio operator in the navy in WWII.
Climbed my first tower in 1977 as a job changing light bulbs for a tower company here in the midwest. I must admit I was scared to death on my first tower climb with my boss but I did it and made only $100.00 not bad for a snot nosed kid fresh out of high school.
Everybody has to start someplace! now I own and drive my own Semi tractor and haul others trailors. 73's
now that's more info than you need.

Around 30 years on CB and 3 1/2 years a Ham. I am a Tech at present. I passed my General test. Today I got an email from the Ham club secretary instructing me to take my CSCE to a testing place after the new rule takes affect and pay the testing fee and I will receive the upgrade to General. I think in the meantime I will study for Extra and take the test if all goes well. :)

Sonwatcher said:
Around 30 years on CB and 3 1/2 years a Ham. I am a Tech at present. I passed my General test. Today I got an email from the Ham club secretary instructing me to take my CSCE to a testing place after the new rule takes affect and pay the testing fee and I will receive the upgrade to General. I think in the meantime I will study for Extra and take the test if all goes well. :)

Where do you spend "most" of your radio time Sonwatcher ? Just was curious .

the_sandman_454 said:
I hardly break out either lately, but that may change sometime soon.

Ah....like the "HULK"??

"Changed forever by a blast of Gamma radiation, sandman_454 leads a fairly normal life until solar storms or giant sunspots arise!! It is then when unknown forces drive "The Sandman" to break out his radio gear, once again active on CB and HAM frequencies alike...."

SWL, 1960

9 volt battery-channel 14 walkie-talkie, 1962

3rd Class Radio-Telephone with Element 9 endorsement in 1970

CB in 1974

Novice in 1987

Switch-
I spend a lot of time on the cb talking to CDX forum members- StoneCrusher, CDX-4545, CDX-116, CDX-105, CDX-586,CDX-349, CDX-3030, Honda, AliCat. Mostly SSB. They are all within 10-70 miles from me. I like talking long distance groundwave. I can reach around 100 miles s,w and east. I also like talking 2meter and 6meter SSB. Talked to a guy a couple nights ago around NYC on 2m ssb, around 300 miles on 10 watts. I live on top of a hill about 1000 ft. elevation. So I am excited about getting on HF. I spend a lot of time LISTENING to HF and SW .

that's nice that you can do that SW , it's been almost 10 years for me that I had a close affair with others on there radios , folks just went away or passed on or just got tired of it. But my first 10 years on the radio were surely the best for me , I guess I can say ...those were the days. :)

I got my first CB when I was ~14-15 years old when a license was required .....still at it at the age of 48 and have seen lots of changes, good and bad. But it's all been a fun ride.....still is.

SWL:1976
CB:1976
HamTech N/C:2003
I DX all over the bands...........listen up for Reno,NV. operator name Stu :D BTW...... need confirmation we QSL 100%
Good luck,Good DXin & 73
CDX-288

paws264 said:
SWL, 1960

9 volt battery-channel 14 walkie-talkie, 1962

3rd Class Radio-Telephone with Element 9 endorsement in 1970

CB in 1974

Novice in 1987

Your post jogged my memory:
1965 - Coffee can's and string. Ran it from my room across the back yard, into the yard behind us and into my friends room.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.