• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Im sick of cb shops

oh yes i agree totally i have been waiting he had the color of the display wrong and wouldnt answer till it was red, i dont want the guy to have to go back and solder all that for blue so its red thats no biggy yes you have to wait i may get mine next week galaxy 959 custom 5304 board recieve shottkee upgrade and an sx 350 power cabinet, im not thrilled its a 959 i just hope the recieve works well and he converted the 959 to dual final too forgot about that, if i dont like the recieve it will be immediately for sale so id have a new lescomm 959 sx 350 custom for sale with no wait other than shipping
im not an echo guy i like ssb but im getting a galaxy radio that dont have echo? wtf? i didnt think there were any turd galaxy radios with no echo? lol imagine that

Add echo, a built in bird dog, and a coffee maker and you have a truckers dream cb:D

Hope it works out for ya wheelman(y)
what model of kenwood or yaesu or icom mobile transceiver can you make get 11 meters? the vehicle im putting it in is a full on expedition grade offroad vehicle not a honky tonk semi truck. This lester dude would not communicate with me hardly at all had to bitch to paypal to get an answer even out of him till he made the radio a color i didnt want said clearly on the invoice. So when he said he would change it around i declined if its red its red at this point that would set it back another couple of months to change that, so when this 500$ radio that has a red display and this funky blue christmas looking shit face plate comes finally (he says next week) its either going in a box in my closet or will be for sale, im going a different route i dont want a truck stop cracker box for communications in a vehicle i take out as far as i do and have with this one

what model of kenwood or yaesu or icom mobile transceiver can you make get 11 meters? the vehicle im putting it in is a full on expedition grade offroad vehicle not a honky tonk semi truck. This lester dude would not communicate with me hardly at all had to bitch to paypal to get an answer even out of him till he made the radio a color i didnt want said clearly on the invoice. So when he said he would change it around i declined if its red its red at this point that would set it back another couple of months to change that, so when this 500$ radio that has a red display and this funky blue christmas looking shit face plate comes finally (he says next week) its either going in a box in my closet or will be for sale, im going a different route i dont want a truck stop cracker box for communications in a vehicle i take out as far as i do and have with this one
alinco srt 8 or icom 7000

Reactions: wheelman918
Or a kenwood ts480. The 100 watt model has a built in Tuner, the 200 watt model no tuner. And they do well on AM so I have heard anyway.
damn on that icom 7000 if you ccouldnt fumble for that channel knob while you were driving you better give it up lol

damn on that icom 7000 if you ccouldnt fumble for that channel knob while you were driving you better give it up lol
i should have just bought one of these to start with ive spent more for way less LATELY or just a sat phone and been done with it lol

i should have just bought one of these to start with ive spent more for way less LATELY or just a sat phone and been done with it lol
if someone can educate me on how to post videos on here ill do an unboxing of the lescomm custom 959 and we will go in the offroad vehicle its going in drive thru a creek with big boulders the whole 9 (make the video more cinematic) to a wide open high area then test it for real not on a bench then ill bring out the beast in the black box and see how the lescomm double knot spy radio really stacks up vcx

Wheelman918, I was in the same boat, wasn't going to spend 500+ for an export radio. I ended up snagging a kenwood ts-140 for 300 it's an hf radio, Does about 120 pep on SSB, and also got an icom 746, paid a bit more for that but not much more than what the export would have been and the icom 746 had the stability crystal added, Granted mine were for base station use, but a used kenwood ts50 you can find for 4-500 or cheaper at times. The ts480 is a nice radio though and I will probably end up with one eventually, I'm done for a minute at least lol. I have also had good luck with the optima mk3 in my mobile. Paid 265 for it and also bought an icom hm36 mic at the same time. It works well for what it is! But anyway, I learned after buying several export rsdios and just not being happy. Pay now or pay later lol! Check eBay out for a used ts480 or even a ts50, don't let anyone do any tuning to them, they don't need that crap, the ts480's are unlocked on the transmit out of the box I believe, and the ts50 is a resistor or diode removal. I will say that most of the hf radios I mentioned are not Big AM talkers per say, but on SSB the hf radios shine and shine they do!! The kenwood ts480 is supposed to be pretty good on AM as well as SSB. I know it's a bit more money but I promise you won't be disappointed! JMO. God bless.

Wheelman918, I was in the same boat, wasn't going to spend 500+ for an export radio. I ended up snagging a kenwood ts-140 for 300 it's an hf radio, Does about 120 pep on SSB, and also got an icom 746, paid a bit more for that but not much more than what the export would have been and the icom 746 had the stability crystal added, Granted mine were for base station use, but a used kenwood ts50 you can find for 4-500 or cheaper at times. The ts480 is a nice radio though and I will probably end up with one eventually, I'm done for a minute at least lol. I have also had good luck with the optima mk3 in my mobile. Paid 265 for it and also bought an icom hm36 mic at the same time. It works well for what it is! But anyway, I learned after buying several export rsdios and just not being happy. Pay now or pay later lol! Check eBay out for a used ts480 or even a ts50, don't let anyone do any tuning to them, they don't need that crap, the ts480's are unlocked on the transmit out of the box I believe, and the ts50 is a resistor or diode removal. I will say that most of the hf radios I mentioned are not Big AM talkers per say, but on SSB the hf radios shine and shine they do!! The kenwood ts480 is supposed to be pretty good on AM as well as SSB. I know it's a bit more money but I promise you won't be disappointed! JMO. God bless.
you just spoke much wisdom my friend

He's the Joseph Smith of the amateur radio proselytizing movement.
isnt that the dumb ones who pay the government for a lic when you dont have to? lol just sayin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.