• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IMAX 2000 AND A DIPO

ray

BANNED
Jan 23, 2011
I have a INAX2000 out on the back roof of the house and a DIPO in the attic.Now what would happend ij i put them together i got the T to do it with:whistle:: 73s coathanger N.E. P.A.:unsure:

I have a INAX2000 out on the back roof of the house and a DIPO in the attic.Now what would happend ij i put them together i got the T to do it with:whistle:: 73s coathanger N.E. P.A.:unsure:

You might get a bit of a directional response in some direction(s), if you check carefully, but why do it?

Ray, you may find the match is too bad to be safe for your radio, and if not the losses alone could be a problem. If you don't phase properly you may notice that any directional advantage you might realize could be offset by excessive feed line loss.

If that "Inaxx" and "dipo" are tuned for normal use, and you connected them with a 'T', the SWR would NOT be anything close to a 1:1 and I seriously doubt if they would be usable as far as what you may hear. If you have connected them with a 'T' connector and have a resulting SWR of 1:1 then either, or both, antennas were not tuned well to start with. I would suggest you tune them individually and try them separately. Is there something you may have "forgotten" to tell us before going any further?
- 'Doc

ANT

No i did not forget to tell you anything.I used the DIPO before i got the 2000.The DIPOS SWRS were 1 to 1 then when i got the 2000 i set the swrs 1to1.Everyone know how easy it is to set the 2000 up.Imyself could not understand it thats why i ask you people:confused: coathanger N.E. P.A 73s to ya all.

No i did not forget to tell you anything.I used the DIPO before i got the 2000.The DIPOS SWRS were 1 to 1 then when i got the 2000 i set the swrs 1to1.Everyone know how easy it is to set the 2000 up.Imyself could not understand it thats why i ask you people:confused: coathanger N.E. P.A 73s to ya all.

Well Ray, you did forget one big thing. Tell us what you found out with your perfect co phase setup, and to be more specific, how did it work?

Personally I wouldn't consider "fine" or "good" to be a reasonable response to such a question...now that I had to ask.

ANT.

I myself didnt find nothing out about this set up.Most of the people around are ass holes.I will try tonight when some of my friends are around..Thats why i thought i would ask here to see what you people think.SORRY TO BUG YOU..73s coathanger N.E. P.A.:unsure:

Hey, Ray. Don't misread the responses. You're talking antennas, and what you've posted suggests co-phasing, or some mutually joined setup. Folks here are trying to get a visual handle on your setup. Help us out and several will try to get dialed in on your question.
Even a photo will tell a lot to us if you can.
Homer

Ray
If you have a 1.1 match with the 2000, and a 1.1 match with the dipole.
Then co-phase the two, or tee them together (two different things)
you wont end up with a 1.1 match. Is what i think they are saying.

Try it using a tee and exactly equal lengths of 75 ohm coax between the two. I am interested in what you discover by doing so. I doubt any of us here have actually tried it before so we are having a difficult time giving you a hard answer.

Give it a go.

At the end of the day all your doing is splitting your power unevenly between two loads. The dipole is probably so out of phase with the vertical neither will perform as well on tx or rx as they would individually. That's basically it. You'll get no joy from this unless you just like putting them together.

2000 and dipo

Sorry i took things the wrong.I deal with nothing A.HOLES around here. Iam a RET. DRIVER.TRYING to keep myself out of the bars. I help the drivers around here with getting radios and other things for radios. Plus there the big mouths around here i dont have to tell you about it .I know that you have your share.I LL let you know more about this ant. thing when i try to figure it out. THANKS GUYS 73s coathanger N.E P.A.:pop:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated