• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IMAX 2000 GROUND PLAIN?

isolating the imax and adding a feedline choke without radials expecting that to minimise or eliminate cm current on the coax braid won't work,
w8ji explains why that is & kirchhoff's current law tells us he's right,

the solarcon radial kit can work ok with isolation and a choke to minimise cm current issues, the radials need not be 1/4wave.

Reactions: 2 people
Some materials I've read state that a satisfactory GP kit can work with as little as 1/8 wavelength radials. Sirio makes more than one antenna model with short radials, but seem to favor adding to the number of radials in the GP when they shorten them.
I made one EFHW with shortened radials - 12 of them. It is also said that the 1/2ƛ End Fed doesn't need radials, even in this thread. I agree, but I disagree it doesn't require the "other half" of the antenna. I can not certify under scientific conditions that my 1/2ƛ end fed worked better with the radials than without, however, the degree of tuning and retuning I did when I added them certainly seemed to me to produce the best performance with an EFHW I've had.

Some materials I've read state that a satisfactory GP kit can work with as little as 1/8 wavelength radials. Sirio makes more than one antenna model with short radials, but seem to favor adding to the number of radials in the GP when they shorten them.
I made one EFHW with shortened radials - 12 of them. It is also said that the 1/2ƛ End Fed doesn't need radials, even in this thread. I agree, but I disagree it doesn't require the "other half" of the antenna. I can not certify under scientific conditions that my 1/2ƛ end fed worked better with the radials than without, however, the degree of tuning and retuning I did when I added them certainly seemed to me to produce the best performance with an EFHW I've had.
I resurrected this thread to find out more about the A99.
I think I need to find out if a GP is even feasible for an end fed.
EFHW

http://www.aa5tb.com/efha.html

Last edited:
isolating the imax and adding a feedline choke without radials expecting that to minimise or eliminate cm current on the coax braid won't work,
w8ji explains why that is & kirchhoff's current law tells us he's right,

the solarcon radial kit can work ok with isolation and a choke to minimise cm current issues, the radials need not be 1/4wave.

I found out as well that the radials doesn't have to be 1/4 wave.
Isolate?

bullshit :confused:

bullshit is a SIRIO VECTOR 4000 "SUPER ANTENNA" :laugh:

if THE ANTENNA VECTOR 4000 was as good as they say it is their manufacturers, advertising with us obliterates radiation diagrams, but it is that they are non-existent, not seen anywhere, no, not published anywhere, not are.

I have not seen anywhere radiation diagram of a real antenna.

why?

In any case, so there is a hand drawing :p

bullshit :confused:

bullshit is a SIRIO VECTOR 4000 "SUPER ANTENNA" :laugh:

if THE ANTENNA VECTOR 4000 was as good as they say it is their manufacturers, advertising with us obliterates radiation diagrams, but it is that they are non-existent, not seen anywhere, no, not published anywhere, not are.

I have not seen anywhere radiation diagram of a real antenna.

why?

In any case, so there is a hand drawing :p

That is too bad that you haven't found out about the V4K.
That is your fault; not ours - now that you have been made aware of it.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: