• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Imax 2k here at the shack...

Oatmeal

Mar 22, 2009
West Virginia..
Ive got a transformer on the hill from me, its like 20ft or so away...

Ok, I didn't have very much noise from the power lines until the tree service crew came in here a month ago and cut all those trees down that was in the lines and the transformer out of them.........

Now I keep a 3db lever of static noise....

Anyway I can get ride of this noise ?....

Yep the power company should fix it, give them a call and tell them what is going on and most likely they will send someone to verify and fix the issue. Good luck and god bless.

Reactions: 2 people
Oatmeal,

If you've got a hand held battery powered AM radio you can confirm its that which is the source by turning on the AM radio, tuning to a weak station and walking around. When you get near the source you'll hear the noise through the radio speaker getting stronger and eventually wiping out the AM station you're trying to listen to.

Just to make sure its nothing in the house turn off all the power and try the CB running from a battery.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.