• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Inexpensive TX EQ

I too have run across them on eBay several times for my icom 746. I wonder how well they work as well? With only 5 band eq I wonder if it truly worth it or not. Does have compression and and alc red light as to not over modulate. Hopefully someone will chime in that has used one. Maybe one of the UK guys.

Reactions: 2RT307
5 band eq should be enough , but yeah, a 7 or 8 band would be better. Would be nicer if it had a noise gate, too.

Brett

Reactions: 222DBFL
Nice find. 80hz to 3khz is about all the pass-band your going to find in an HF radio so it should work fine. Unless you run the an Yaesu FTDX model like Brett and I, then you can open up the 4khz tx bandwidth. I'm looking forward to trying that out with someone running that bandwidth just to hear it. I normally run my tx at 2.8khz and rx at 3khz.

Reactions: 2RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.