• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Inline SWR METER placement

The diagram came with my amplifier.
Where should an inline SWR/power meter be placed?
It should go radio-jumper-amplifier-jumper-watt meter-antenna. As far as your diagram goes that will work I guess. I prefer running the hot (red) from the amp to battery. The ground for the amp should be much shorter to say the firewall, floorboard, or seat bolt.

OMG! Learn the fundamentals. An amplifier is not a prerequisite with cb radio. Everyone wants an amp but has no clue on the basic and proper Installation/operation of a radio station. Do you know where the antenna goes? Jeez
That is a legitimate question, he will never learn if he has people like you helping. You are very quick to dismiss people who are doing something other than what you are doing. Grow up. We are not in the third grade anymore.

OMG! Learn the fundamentals. An amplifier is not a prerequisite with cb radio. Everyone wants an amp but has no clue on the basic and proper Installation/operation of a radio station. Do you know where the antenna goes? Jeez
Jeez right.....
You can lighten up and stop acting like someone's pissed in your cornflakes.
Not everyone is a RF expert and should be able ask a question without demeaning shouts from the peanut gallery.
Give it a rest.

Jeff

Hey man. That’s ok. I appreciate the response. It has been a while since I used radio equipment and like most of my hobbies, it is very technical. I included the diagram in my post. Third quarter physics dealt with electrical or electronics and it was difficult for me then and 30 years later. I find myself still looking up terms and concepts after responses i get which is terrific. Anyway, there has to be a basic radio for dummies book out there but I will still return to the forums for enlightenment. Thanks again.

Actually, I appreciate your nudge. I will order 2 of the first 3 titles and maybe, just maybe post a book report!

Attachments

• IMG_1575.jpeg
    IMG_1575.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Hey man. That’s ok. I appreciate the response. It has been a while since I used radio equipment and like most of my hobbies, it is very technical. I included the diagram in my post. Third quarter physics dealt with electrical or electronics and it was difficult for me then and 30 years later. I find myself still looking up terms and concepts after responses i get which is terrific. Anyway, there has to be a basic radio for dummies book out there but I will still return to the forums for enlightenment. Thanks again.
The whole bases for the radio forum is to share radio stuff, help each other out and have fun playing radio.
Groundwire forgets the times he has posted on here asking for help on his destroyed 32 pill amp that Hopper failed to pack properly, and that people stepped up to offer help even if he acts like a grumpy constipated old grouch.

Anyways

Jeff

New people who are just starting out get a pass in my book. Often times they are just looking for interaction with someone, and confirmation that what is going on is valid. When they realize that they don't know what they don't know, we can show them how to find what they need. After that, the training wheels are off.

The diagram came with my amplifier.
Where should an inline SWR/power meter be placed?
It all depends on what you are trying to do. When testing out a new amp, it's important to check the input match between the radio and amplifier. The 203 has a good match, but you never know until you check. If you eventually go with a bigger amp, the input match on the comp style amps can be way out. Then put it between the amp and antenna to verify the antenna.

After all is good, leave it in place so you can do a quick check every time you power up.

dxChat
Help Users