• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

INSTALLING A99 TOMORROW, PROBLEMATIC?

Every installation is different.Suck it and see.My 2 cents worth. putting a 300 watt rf source 5 ft off the ground in the yard is asking for trouble but you might be lucky.

% ft is asking for RF in power lines, cable coax, and telephones.

Can not attach it to the house??? No problem.

Mount the A99 on an extension ladder and lean the extension ladder against the house.

When you are done using the antenna take it down and put it away.

No worries about lightning strikes etc.etc.

You have a tree?? Hide it in the tree, suspend it so it does not touch any branches and call it done.

Friend of mine in Atlanta has his I2K suspended in the air hanging from a tree branch.

Long story short, where there is a will there is a way.

Why are you limited to 5 foot? Wish I had a pic of my Imax before selling it. Some on here will remember me saying I mounted a pole saw handle to one of those 4 legged portable road sign bases with my I max on it. Used it about 3 months and would lay it down next to house when not in use. You stated it wa going in a clearing? Why not in the tree or whatever is not in the clearing? Why not a dipole on the roof or in the attic? My mind is racing with ideas.....

I had installed an A99 on my deck, only about 2 feet off the ground! Low SWR, and it worked fine for skip and decent for local activity. Also worked well for 10 meter Ham use!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.