• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

installing npn pnp finals ???

B

baconater357

When installing a pnp or a npn final transistor, is there a mounting difference with the way the legs go on the final to the radio? New at putting finals in, noticed pnp and npn finals legs are swapped. This is pertaining to a Cobra CB line, 25 and 29, don't want to blow the radio, can anybody let me know if I need to move to legs of the final or just throw it in like one, two three legs in line, or have to swap 2 legs of the final. Thank you, new at installing finals. Thank you in advance./

Reactions: Crawdad

There is more than one kind of transistor technology out there. The particular type of part you're referring to is a bipolar junction transistor, or "BJT".

There is no firm rule about how the pin functions are ordered left to right.

The specs for the particular part in question are the best guide. They can usually be found online. One source is www.alldatasheet.com

The polarity of a bipolar junction transistor is either PNP or NPN, but you won't find a lot of PNP parts used as RF power amplifiers. Mostly they show up in circuits that run at lower frequencies. All the BJT parts I have seen used for amplifying RF power are NPN.

Hello, sorry about the long delay in posting. I was thinking of installing the IRF520, and doing the Mod, and or the ERF2030 and or the 1969,not sure which would work the best. Any ideas that would work the best in a 29 or 25 Cobra,Mods,and final installment? Thanks for any ideas of which to do, and the Mod for it. Thank you in advance,Mark

Hello, sorry about the long delay in posting. I was thinking of installing the IRF520, and doing the Mod, and or the ERF2030 and or the 1969,not sure which would work the best. Any ideas that would work the best in a 29 or 25 Cobra,Mods,and final installment? Thanks for any ideas of which to do, and the Mod for it. Thank you in advance,Mark

IMHO do the 1969 mod,is easier and less complicated than the mosfet unless you are well versed in mods to your radio

Problem will be finding an original mitsubishi 1969 or the equivalent eleflow brand

http://stores.goldeneagleradios.com/2sc1969-original-mitsubishi-transistor/

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated