• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IRAN

eFF them,... I don't think I will work thm
To add to CaptainKilowatt said, one of the goals for amateur radio is to spread good will amoung nations. We do this by not talking about politics or religion and we all enjoy making Dx contacts to each other even if we have different ideologies. In most cases, it's the countries governments not the people.

I believe you're a Cber so I wouldn't expect you to understand. But even at that, if you were to unlikely hear a Dx contact on 11 meters from another country that offends you, simply don't answer it.

I had talked to IRAN a few years ago myself on 20.

Amazing goodwill with the forbidden countries from ham to ham, these countries should learn something from ham operators but they don't.
DOCTOR/795

To add to CaptainKilowatt said, one of the goals for amateur radio is to spread good will amoung nations. We do this by not talking about politics or religion and we all enjoy making Dx contacts to each other even if we have different ideologies. In most cases, it's the countries governments not the people.

Exactly. Most people have issues with another country simply because that country's government policies differ from their own country's policies. The people that make up each country are a different matter altogether.

Reactions: 222DBFL
My uncle which is Iranian, and his American wife, pale as a ghost may I add, just went to Iran to visit the rest of my family over there. This is my Uncle by way of my Mother as she is also Iranian and grew up during the tone the Shah was in power and US had good relations with Iran. At any rate, they are having a grand time and my Aunt says she wants to return every year now to visit as the People are just so nice and the land is beautiful.
What I am getting at is like CK said or someone else. It's not the people that are the issue, it's the politics and government that are the issue.
I truly hope that you gents have a great DX Expedition and have a good time!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.