• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Irf520 mosfets source

Mk121

Oct 28, 2015
I need to grab some Irf520 or the ekl2030 mosfets. Where is a good place to buy from these days? I see a lot for sale on eBay but don't want to get fakes. Thanks

Ii do some business with Mouser out of Texas on a regular basis.
But DigiKey, Jameco, Parts Express, and RF Parts are also places I will buy from too.
I bought a huge lot of FET's from ALLTRONICS some for radio work and other projects.
I also bought transformers, and some cool audio Transducers. Radio Shack used to sell those and they sounded so good. Just attach to a square of plywood and you have a speaker. They sound pretty decent for the cost. Do they sound as good as my custom home stereo speakers, no. But they are usable for car audio and home audio too.

Reactions: Mk121
the last 520 mosfets I bought were from mouser and they all have worked very well so far. I bought 50 at one time and got them for 43 cents each and only 6.00 to ship them. I know they have gone up a little since I bought mine the last time. but not much.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Sounds like I have a few solid options. Although mouser seems like a top choice based on the deal Sonoma got. Have to get my stock up. Been getting a lot of busted up radios across my bench lately.

I'm not a fan of of the 520N's but many seem to like them from the what I've read. Personally I use the 520's by Vishay which is what Ranger and all its derivatives use. They've done me really well but I'm not looking to get meter blowing ghost watts. I wouldn't waste your money on the 2030+ and several members will probably chime in and say the same. I know I've got a bunch of them and therealporkchop said he's got a ton too. Maybe they'll make good weights for when I go fishing hahaha.

Reactions: NZ8N and Tallman
What's the hot ticket right now as far as a companion part for the bias? Or is everyone just making their own? Going to be putting an order in and want to make sure I get everything I will need. Thanks

What's the hot ticket right now as far as a companion part for the bias? Or is everyone just making their own? Going to be putting an order in and want to make sure I get everything I will need. Thanks
I assume for the 2030+? If so the companion parts haven't been produced or sold for a few years now and those parts don't work with these 2030's. I'm not really sure how others are using them because I can't get them to work correctly. I must not know the trick ...

I remember there was a thread with someone showing a self made "companion part" bias circuit. I know there were pictures and everything but I can't find that thread for the life of me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.