• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is 2 meter and other bands all dead all the time?

i look at it this way . if i ask a question i expect an answer,not a snide remark.i have to work for a jerk thats that way .dont need a hobby full of people like my boss.i might be older but i ask to learn more not to be snubbed.i thought wow lets turn the table round here n let me give you a taste of what you dished out to me.
im no expert,was going to ask if my radio had been modded as the guy that owned it is dead.if it was i wanted it put back like it was but declined cause if id asked that im dam sure id been mobbed as loony as that crowd acted.i still dont know if its messed with inside n if it is im not selling it to anybody.
im setting on the fence as to whether im getting a license.
sure wont be joining any clubs if they are gonna act like little spoiled tommy down the street.
at least here i do get answers n reasons. so for that i say
THANK YOU ALL

I don't care for the local radio clubs either. Most of the members are morons that wouldn't be on the air is someone else didn't put up a repeater for them to use with their HT. If the local hams aren't worth talking to then forget them. Study for your general and take the online tests until you can pass. Go to a hamfest to take the test or find a local testing session. The local club here posts the testing schedule on their website. You do not need these people's approval to get your licence and enjoy amateur radio.

Most retired cbers end up on 75 meters. Unfortunately some of the cb mentality comes with them but the atmosphere is more causal. In the evenings you can usually talk to people a few hundred miles out with a simple dipole. The downside is that an amplifier is often a requirement. Shitty antennas and qrp won't get you above the static.

You weren't the guy at the hamfest looking for dozens of sweep tubes for your "ham radio amplifier" and d104 microphones for your "ham radio" were you? I have some friends that do this. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't try to over explain their intentions for these things as if they were pulled over with drugs in the car. The look on some of the vendor's faces is priceless.

If you want to listen to the HF bands without spending any money you can listen here. It's a little inconvenient unless you know what freq you want to listen to but better than nothing.

http://www.websdr.org/

https://sdr.hu/
I’m ready to take my tech test, could someone direct me to a site that list upcoming test , thanks

Getting to know people regardless if they are stuck up and snooty on 2m is a personal issue. I like to think I can talk to anyone and try to find a common ground.

I also feel that having a tech license carries with it certain responsibilities to your local community, county, state, and federal gov't. Call it patriotism if you like. If things ever get to a point of 'push comes to shove'; then it is important to know who your radio ops are and the rapport and trust that you can build with them. Regardless if you are worlds apart. Regardless of what may be the problem.

Kinda why n how i feel too but this area is clannish n act like get away no time to meet new people.
Sad they act that way.im easy going as a rule but i dont stay where i feel unwelcome

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.