• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is a transmitter audio equalizer needed

https://heilhamradio.com/support/dsp-settings/all-things-yaesu/

A good place to start your settings, everyone's voice is different but good baseline info.
Read through this carefully and make the setting changes, this will give you a baseline and you can tweak it slightly for your desired sound.
I could give you mine but again my voice caricaturist trends will differ from yours.
All the Best
Gary

You may be able to broadcast with fidelity...

But that does you no good if your audience can't hear, or understand you.

Most certainly TRUE!
Setting your transmitter for Wideband SSB unless your running with the VooDo audio crowd, most of your audio response will be outside the normal operators' bandpass. This means they won't hear it!
Your audio will get clipped by their bandpass setting and you will sound like crap.
Good example 80 and 40 meters typical spacing between QSO's on SSB during busy conditions may only be 3-5 KC separation, meaning your audio should only extend 1500 to 2000 cycles either side of your center frequency(total bandwidth of 3kc +/-).
If your running 5-6+ kc wide, guess what? You're going to have some seriously PO neighbors.
I am not a fan of the ESSB or the VooDo audio crowd, yes I can set my receiver to hear it all
but when you set your transmitter to do this and then join a NORMAL ragchew away from that crowds normal "space" your going to make enemies Quickly!
That's why most of those groups pick the extreme edges of the bands to operate, why because they are so F'ing wide.
MHO the objective is to sound good with intelligible audio and communicate effectively if you want to sound like WLW or WLS, go to work for them!
Off Soap Box:whistle::ROFLMAO:
All the Best
Gary

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.