• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is anyone making a new base station

I looked at buying one of those RHF-618 when they came out but never did. I don't know how many they sold but I don't think I've seen more than 1 for sale on the bay.
From that I would say those that did buy them must have liked them.
Of the 4 or 5 base radios I have, I find myself with mobiles hooked up to power supplies on the desk. I can get more of them hooked up.
I like the 2547 as well, I have 2 and they fit a desk with a little more space than the 696F-SSB or Saturn. The Cherokee doesn't take up much real estate either.
The Icom 735 and the Yaesu FT 450 are pretty small footprint as well, and looks pretty cool even though it gets poo poo'd here.
I would like to run one of the 457/458"s I bought, but the ones I bought working on the bay I guess meant they light up, so they just sit on the shelf.
It looks like I said the Yaesu and the Icom get poo poo'd, but I meant the Cherokee CBS1000. I think the text got confused...or I did, and that comment should have follwed the Cherokee statement.

Getting back to the RHF-618 a little bit, I was watching some youtube stuff on it and saw one video showing some computer software for it that allowed the uploading of pics, and also allowed the firmware to be updated. Anybody who had/has one seen this software, or for that matter any firmware updates for the RHF-618. I did some searching but could not find anything other than the one video showing some pic uploads, and a microsoft diddy on loading the software. Just curious if Ranger just dropped the support after making this since sales evidently were lacking.
If it had more power per dollar it may have been a little more successful I think.

Honestly if I have patience (I wont) truck will be paid off in about 6 months and then I could buy a Icom 7300 ..... but if whatever that is thats coming out is cool enough for significantly less I might have to have whatever it is.....

I run my 5555N2 as a base station and it works just fine with 36 amp Megawatt power supply. I attached the radio directly to my desk with the supplied mounting bracket.

I see people are wanting to buy new base stations and I'm curious what a "base station" offers that the 5555N2 (and similar radios) don't already have ?
A base station after all is just a mobile radio and a power supply in a bigger box.

Has anyone seen the DX Electronics base radio on Facebook? Its basically an Ares 2 in a box with a power supply and speaker and bigger meter. Not bad looking....

Has anyone seen the DX Electronics base radio on Facebook? Its basically an Ares 2 in a box with a power supply and speaker and bigger meter. Not bad looking....

Yes, TM86 had posted this on Tuesday in the ebay auctions section titled "homemade" which got me thinking again about one of these newer radios made as a base.

First I heard of that radio. Doesn't look that bad. I wonder if it can be programmed for 11 meter ? Of coarse it must be made in China and didn't see a port for a PA speaker which I wouldn't use anyway.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.