• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is CB Radio Dead In Your Area? Maybe Not. Try This!

I think it’s great that he is encouraging the use of CB, but as far as that video is concerned, it represents wishful thinking on his part. None of that was local. In reality, it’s your typical weak level skip as it fades in and out. Recently, it’s been happening around the noon hour in this neck of the woods. Not to say that skip is bad. I love those conditions on SSB, especially since I also live in a so called "dead area" except for the truckers passing through.

Great video, the main point is to keep trying. My local channel 20 sounds dead. Until you say something, then there are 4 or 5 people there at any given time it seems but they are not always talking. Call one of them and then the chatter starts and goes for a good half hour. A cb with a scanning feature will be my next rig. Probably the Bearcat 980 SSB. Does anybody know if the Anytone 6666 has a scan feature?

Reactions: Unit 194
I guess I'm lucky..I live within 30 miles of Chicago and I live about in the center of 4 major highways "about 7 miles in any direction" can always find someone and we have locals who chat nightly.

As I have said previously I live within shouting distance of Interstates 78, 80 and 95. There is very little chatter on Channel 19 and even the Super Bowl (Channel 6) has been pretty quiet lately. Yet 5 to 10 years ago both channels were very active.

i lived by 684 north of ny man the traffic i used to get on all 40 channels and even usb/lsb i lived on a hill.heck i used to get puertorico,mexico all the time .

some times activity is not a good thing,,,, as is the case in the tampa bay area,,, i live on the i 4 corridor and at a place with many many warehouses, fruit and grocery and even amazon is close but, what happens every night on channel 19 is awful,,,, about 20 individuals practically over run the channel with ultrahigh power stations and do nothing but key up and fight and call each other names, it seems like something can be done but no wins here,,, oh and dont say move to another channel,, bleed over sometimes goes all the way up to 10 meters,,,it has got to the point where the few that are in it just for the audience factor have started to record their antics and put on youtube,,,truckers that come thru have stopped using cb as soon as they get close to town so as not to listen to the nasty talk,,, well i said no one wins,, actually the local truck stop cb shop is getting rich over the radios and amps blowed up in the keydowns and fights,,,

some times activity is not a good thing,,,, as is the case in the tampa bay area,,, i live on the i 4 corridor and at a place with many many warehouses, fruit and grocery and even amazon is close but, what happens every night on channel 19 is awful,,,, about 20 individuals practically over run the channel with ultrahigh power stations and do nothing but key up and fight and call each other names, it seems like something can be done but no wins here,,, oh and dont say move to another channel,, bleed over sometimes goes all the way up to 10 meters,,,it has got to the point where the few that are in it just for the audience factor have started to record their antics and put on youtube,,,truckers that come thru have stopped using cb as soon as they get close to town so as not to listen to the nasty talk,,, well i said no one wins,, actually the local truck stop cb shop is getting rich over the radios and amps blowed up in the keydowns and fights,,,

I have heard those guys when the dx is rolling. A couple of them have some damn good sounding stations. It's
A shame they use it just to talk sh#%.

Reactions: midnight special

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.