• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IS CBT FORUM DEAD FOREVER ??

Kaos513 they are updating the site and it shows that in a couple days they will take the site down for upgrades for 2 hours. so some one is home. I am thinking from what I read your email has to be from your internet provider. mine is not so it could be the problem.

hpssb I have tried several times to join transmission forum and it will show my name but I never get the email to finalize the join process. I have sent several emails to the admin and never get an answer. I wish I could get some one to respond to my request. are you member over there? I try to register under my name of sonoma like I use on all the other forums but I guess they do not want me to join. at least you would think they would email me back and say why I can not join.

They are not accepting new members at this time. why I do not know.

How do you copy something like that ?? How many GB of memory did it require ??

We use WinHTTrack for saving sites to a local file that can be read offline without an internet connection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTrack

They said in an old post the supporters disk was actually a set of 4 dvdroms, which would put the download size somewhere between 14.1 and 18.8 gigabytes.

Loz!

I used Teleport PRO software and it created browsable copy on HDD. 8.78GB uncompressed.
I downloaded radios, mosfet and misc sections.
Sooner or later website will be down, I wanted to preserve all info collected there.
Mike
I used HTTrack software and it was about ~12.2/gb's.
Took a few days with a fast connection to get it all.
Not easy; but necessary - IMO . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: StrangeBrew
Great tip about HTTrack. I'll let that run while I sleep. It will be nice to have a few copies on thumb drives. Hopefully Time Warner won't disconnect my modem in the process. They do that nowadays when they detect continuous large data downloads. It seems their idiot bots automatically assume everybody is downloading copyrighted movies.

Great tip about HTTrack. I'll let that run while I sleep. It will be nice to have a few copies on thumb drives. Hopefully Time Warner won't disconnect my modem in the process. They do that nowadays when they detect continuous large data downloads. It seems their idiot bots automatically assume everybody is downloading copyrighted movies.
you mean spectrum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.