• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IS CBT FORUM DEAD FOREVER ??

unit_399

EL CAPO
Jun 17, 2008
ALEJANDRIA, COLOMBIA SA
Does anyone have an update on the status of CBTricks' forum ?? I keep checking back hoping that it is finally running again, but still no go.

There were several members of that forum [ lbcomms (Sue), Handy Andy, etc.] who were well versed in electronics and especially things radio, and I miss their insight and contributions. Anyone know where they hang out now ?? Also, is there ANY CHANCE that the CBT forum will ever be up and running again ?? Or has the site webmaster given up on repairing the damage. Just wondering.

73s.

399 I wish I knew also. I have tried to contact him and never get an answer. one of the guys lives in the state he does and took a long drive to see if he could talk to him and no one home. he said he left a message on his door to call him and that never happened. so much info is lost as it is now.
if you go down to the bottom of the forum page you can still leave a message there. just click on the book on the left side of the very bottom page and you can read what some of the guys are asking and Andy was there checking in a couple days ago. the PM feature will still work if you want to contact any one on the forum to see where they may be at.

Reactions: midnight special
the main page and the forum page will come up but you can not log into the portion of the forum to post or read any of the forum member files and postings.
you can still get into the portion with the service manuals in it.

the main page and the forum page will come up but you can not log into the portion of the forum to post or read any of the forum member files and postings.
you can still get into the portion with the service manuals in it.

I have been a member for years and did not ever use the forums. Manuals and modification files are all I was interested in.

I just logged in with no problems. But looking around the "Data base error" keeps popping up.

Last edited:
I seem to remember being able to buy a CD with all the manuals and such on it but can't find it now, anyone know if these are still available?

they are not . you had to be a member to get the disk. you did not buy the disk just support the forum. Bennie would send you the disk to be a supporter

last i heard there were new owners dont know if that was true.

If so, I would expect a new landlord to ask me for rent. My web site is hosted on the same server. Seemed a more-than fair trade for helping mod the forum.

But since the forum went down in March, I feel like I'm freeloading, with no forum to help moderate.

The forum's failure appears to be a hosed index file that organizes the database into sub forums.

The index that organizes the database by username is still intact and working. This is why PMs still work. The 'back door' that folks have been using to post since March 1 uses the same username index to create a reply. But you have to click on the user's info page to access any posts, and then only from that user.

Last spoke to Bennie mid-March. Not a word since.

Sucks being in the dark.

Just hope he's okay.

Reactions: kaos513
Havent been able to do anything there since march, been checking every few weeks but no go here, can log on ok but trying to do anything else gives a database error message. Lbcomms and one other person we used to chat to there are on the transmission1 forum, don't know where all the others went.

Loz!

hpssb I have tried several times to join transmission forum and it will show my name but I never get the email to finalize the join process. I have sent several emails to the admin and never get an answer. I wish I could get some one to respond to my request. are you member over there? I try to register under my name of sonoma like I use on all the other forums but I guess they do not want me to join. at least you would think they would email me back and say why I can not join.

hpssb I have tried several times to join transmission forum and it will show my name but I never get the email to finalize the join process. I have sent several emails to the admin and never get an answer. I wish I could get some one to respond to my request. are you member over there? I try to register under my name of sonoma like I use on all the other forums but I guess they do not want me to join. at least you would think they would email me back and say why I can not join.
not to be rude but they probably closed shop if no answers for 6 months

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.